GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search on Atlanticade and found one post for 2008.

Anyone been before, worth the ride up there?
Is anyone planning a ride up there from New England?

Also what's involved taking your Bike across the border, by this I mean paperwork, I know you have to ride it across.

What to expect in Canada?, do they really have pointy ears and talk funny, will I be able to find food water shelter, will there be language, money problem.. Do they really kidnap tourist and force them into labour camps? never been this far north and it scares me. Does any one really know anyone personally that went and came back?.

(ok, I'm sorry weak attempt at humor, I do not mean to offend any Canadians, I blame my British upbringing):rolleyes:

Dean
p.s. will I be welcome after this post:bow:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Never been to Atlanticade, however, I've been over the northern border several times. A passport would be great, I don't know when it will become mandatory. No firearms of any kind is allowed. Contact your bike insurance company and ask them for a Canadian Temporary ins. card, it will be required as proof of insurance in case you are in an accident north of the border. Tell your insurance company the dates that you'll be visiting Canada.

Have a great trip and ditch the humor. Canadians are our best friends.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, do you need to carry bike title? What if your bike is still under Honda finance?
Passport is no problem, been to canada before but never driven/rode, allways flown.

Dean

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I believe a passport is mandatory now. Foremost insurance told me there was no need to contact them as their ins. card is valid in Canada. Maybe yours is also.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe a passport is mandatory now. Foremost insurance told me there was no need to contact them as their ins. card is valid in Canada. Maybe yours is also.
I will call my insurance company in the morning, in MA we don't have insurance cards, registration is proof of insurance.

Been to Toronto a few times I like it there, never been New Brunswick, looking at the web site and the past years pictures it seems interesting. Not that far just over 500 miles. http://www.atlanticade.ca/about/index.html

Hoping to find a group of like minded New Englanders wanting to make the trek.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts