GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to be going to the Slick Lizard in downtown Nauvoo on Saturday and saw a bunch of Wings & things stopped at a little pond (??) on AL 104 just outside of Carbon Hill. Was that anyone from this board? Looked like quite a crowd there. We came across Hwy 69 from Tuscaloosa to Oatman to Carbon Hill. That Hwy 69 is one mighty purty highway to just kick back and chill out on. Mighty purty country!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Happened to be going to the Slick Lizard in downtown Nauvoo on Saturday and saw a bunch of Wings & things stopped at a little pond (??) on AL 104 just outside of Carbon Hill. Was that anyone from this board? Looked like quite a crowd there. We came across Hwy 69 from Tuscaloosa to Oatman to Carbon Hill. That Hwy 69 is one mighty purty highway to just kick back and chill out on. Mighty purty country!!!!!!!!
Not me, but I was on it last weekend. You're right, nice road! The wife and I like to make that one of our "lunch rides". From Pleasant
Grove to Jasper to Tuscaloosa (Dreamland [best BBQ ribs in the south]) to Bessemer and back to Pleasant Grove! Riding back roads all the way. Just enough to work up a good appetite and then ready for dessert when we get home!

It was probably a bunch of wingers on their way to the Blue Angels airshow in Tuscaloosa. We were there on ours and saw a lot of other wingers there also!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts