GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just checking if anyone around my area can be hired to install All Balls tapered bearings. I have a 2002 GL1800 and I really don't want to do this job myself, I would prefer someone with some experience tackle that job. I have not yet contacted my dealer to see if they would do it but I probably will. It seems as if my wobble is getting worse mostly running at 40mph.

Anyone know of someone in my area?

Feel free to send me a PM so I don't miss your reply.

Bryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am just checking if anyone around my area can be hired to install All Balls tapered bearings. I have a 2002 GL1800 and I really don't want to do this job myself, I would prefer someone with some experience tackle that job. I have not yet contacted my dealer to see if they would do it but I probably will. It seems as if my wobble is getting worse mostly running at 40mph.

Bryan
Bryan,

Same problem here in E. TX...got the balls...watched Fred's DVD...ordered the tool from cycledude...now just need the nudge to git-r-done and a torque wrench of course...know of anyone in E. TX?:lol:

Jimmy

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jimmy,

Yea, I have modified my bike quite a bit but this is one job I would rather have done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am not far from East Texas but when you get ready give me a shout and I could come help. Also if you don't want to mess with it www.howellscycle.com
Bryan,

Same problem here in E. TX...got the balls...watched Fred's DVD...ordered the tool from cycledude...now just need the nudge to git-r-done and a torque wrench of course...know of anyone in E. TX?:lol:

Jimmy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tapered Bearings

Feel free to send me a PM so I don't miss your reply.

Bryan
Motorcare, Lawrence Kans.:bow::bow:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try Hubs. 24 hwy and Noland road, Independence MO.
Good people and very familiar with GW's.
Thanks, I will! I live just a couple of miles from them, it's where I get my safety inspections done.

I didn't remember they work on bikes.

Bryan

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still wouldn't mine if one of the members in the Kansas City area who actually has changed out the bearings before and wants to do it again chimes in.

Bryan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agree Hub Cycle

I live in Blue spring and agree that Hub Cycle is a great place to do business. Maybe the fact that they are not a dealer for any brand makes them work harder to earn business. Some times I think the dealers feel they have a free ride because of the warrenty work.

While I have not had the all balls done I have a deceleration wobble only when slowing and only below 40 mph. As long as I don't take my hands of the bars , no problem. Can you feel it through the bars?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
+1 on Motorcare Tim's a great guy to work with.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is an update

I found out my local Honda dealer installs these All Ball tapered bearings so I took it to them. I now have the bike back and there is no more wobble. I took my hands off the handlebars and found my bike wants to run to the left.

Anyone else experience this? I have read where someone else posted they had.

Bryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts