GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be getting one and want to know what to expect. Is it a good engine???

Thanks,

Joel

·
Registered
9 Posts
450 Hondamatic

This gal has both a 450 and 750 Hondamatic, you might drop her an email and she could probably be able to give you the skinny on both. Tell her Pas said for you to drop her a line and hopefully she can give you some info. [email protected]

·
Registered
94 Posts
We had a couple of 750 Honda Matics as police bikes on the LAPD. I had a chance to ride one. It was gutless and I was happy I never got stuck with it. The standard shift 750 Honda was a great motorcycle. I owned a 1974 and wish I still had it.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Reminded me of a guy I once worked with.......

SHIFTLESS

he said, smiling ......

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
A local racer guy added a turbo to a 750cc Honda-matic decades ago.

Lots faster, but there was a problem with the tranny holding the horsepower from the engine

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm not familiar with a Honda 450 automatic, but my wife owned an automatic Honda 400 Hawk for several years. It was bulletproof.

Stu

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your replies everyone. Unfortunately the vehicle (Litestar) that I was bidding on on Ebay got snipped from me in the last few minutes of the auction. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I had a transport service lined up and everything!

Thanks again

JPatton

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My wife had a Hawk 400cc with the two speed auto clutch. She liked it because she didn't have to worry about shifting or stopping, but it wasn't long on the top end. If I remember right, it would only do about 80 mph. It did get good mileage, ran smooth (as far as a two cyl. goes), and was a pretty bike. If you were/are looking for a bike for your wife, I could think of worse bikes to buy. I don't know anything about a 450cc bike, though, so if I'm answering out of line, forgive me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts