GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for how to do a hard reset of the Navi. If you open the plastic box in the trunk you can see a small hole in the GPS box. I opened up the box and see a small white button that looks like a reset button. When I put it back together and turn on the wing depressing that button only gets you to the debug screens that you can switch through by pressing the menu button. There are a lot of debug screens. I held the button down for 10, 30 and more seconds and no hard reset.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Greg:

Look for "restore defaults" in the index of the nav manual.

From p. 94 of my 2007 comfort/nav navigation system manual:

On the Setup/Info menu, highlight "restore Defaults" and press ENT. The following screen appears.......

The screen will ask you to confirm your request. With Yes highlighted, press ENT to restore default settings.

Hope this helps,

Gramps

:thumbup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Greg:

Look for "restore defaults" in the index of the nav manual.

From p. 94 of my 2007 comfort/nav navigation system manual:

On the Setup/Info menu, highlight "restore Defaults" and press ENT. The following screen appears.......

The screen will ask you to confirm your request. With Yes highlighted, press ENT to restore default settings.

Hope this helps,

Gramps

:thumbup:
Yip! Same on the 2012:thumbup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think Restore Defaults does a hard reset on the processor though. I think you have to push and hold the reset button when you apply power to the GPS.
Fred,

You are right that is what I am looking to do. I tried your method which is what I did for the 2009 but it did not work. On my debug screen it says 127 hours since last hard reset. I want to reset and see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good idea Fred. I will try the fuse tonight. I do notice that when I plug in the headset when the bike is off I still get a little static.
WHen my Nav locked up on the first screen this weekend I was told to remove the fuse and wait a few minutes ... that worked .... it was the right column of fuses and 2nd from the bottom...... but i don't know if that did a hard reset or not ....... all my settings remained the same in the NAV so probably not ..... but my radio presets all wen away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts