GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a picture of a bike that had them. Kind of looks like water pipe insulation sleeve only made out of expanded hard foam. They slip over the stock grips to give them a larger diameter for easier hand gripping.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! That's what I was looking for! Functional and saves about $50. 5.5inches length. Appreciated that info too!:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I noticed on this site they were listed as 5" on the GL1800 selection listing.

www.shinhopples.com

Is there really a 5.5" set listed somewhere else?

·
Registered
801 Posts
I used hairspray to put mine on and it works great. Just wet the entire inside of the puppy and pull on. Whe it dries, it works like glue; but not so hard you can't take them off if needed.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I used hairspray to put mine on and it works great. Just wet the entire inside of the puppy and pull on. Whe it dries, it works like glue; but not so hard you can't take them off if needed.
Bartman gave us all a free set of Grip Puppies and posted a video of the install. He used just a little bit of Dawn, and it worked perfect:lol::lol:

Actually there weren't free.....BUT ALMOST!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wro.. wr... wron... I may have misspoken myself.

I was measuring my thumb.
Huh? The only thing you were wrong about was thinking you were wrong. The screen capture image shows 5.5 inches A-length in the description for the GW grippuppies. Check my posting #7 above.

You were actually ... RIGHT!

Now before you starting getting c.o.c.k.y... you might want to cover that unsightly gap there by your rear tire. It just gives me the chills.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bartman gave us all a free set of Grip Puppies and posted a video of the install. He used just a little bit of Dawn, and it worked perfect:lol::lol:

Actually there weren't free.....BUT ALMOST!!

Who is this:wrong: Bartman, and why didn't I get a free grippuppy set?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Who is this:wrong: Bartman, and why didn't I get a free grippuppy set?
Bartman is a frequent poster and came up with a great deal, if he bought a boat load of GP's. He bought the boat load and passed the savings on to the rest of us. It was probably before your time:lol::lol:

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
You were actually ... RIGHT!

Now before you starting getting c.o.c.k.y... you might want to cover that unsightly gap there by your rear tire. It just gives me the chills.
:clap2::yes::clap2::yes::clap2::yes:
I gotta get a new pic with the Dunnie. Zee and Killboy sure take nice pics.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here, I photoshopped it for you! ;) Yes, I'm having to much fun!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I ordered a set last night. For ten bucks and some coin with free shipping...I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Grips

I just received mine from CycleMax...like em' a lot. The brand is GrabOns. Directions call for hair spray...it works good. Very comfy and everyone's comments here are correct...:agree::yes1::yes1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts