Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
227 Posts
MONO (Jarrow) helmet

Bill

We purchased a pair last year at Wing Ding and really like them.

We had tried, Nolan, HJC, Aria and Bell before going with the Jarrow.

We also found that the Harrow is a little smaller than other helmets. In the others she wore a Med and I wore a LG. Going to the Jarrow we both went up one size. It also has three different size cheek pads. After a couple of months the "Boss" decided hers was a little tight on the cheek bones (med pads) so I ordered a set of small ($25) and put them in. How she is fine.

The helmet is easy to take apart and clean and we like the many different options when riding.

a. All down
b. All down, sun shade up
c. Flip down, shield and shade up
d. Flip down, shield up, shade down.
e. All up
f. All up, sun shade down.

We got the black ones because that is all they had left. The built in air vents work fine and the heat build up in little.

Hope this helps

Ron Looney

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mono X-2

We sell Mono x-2's in our shop. They have been really well recieved. They are selling so well I haven't been able to get one for myself. If anyone wants they can e-mail me and I can hook you up with some satisfied customers.

Ride Safe & God Bless

Dan Kenney
Motovation Cycles & Accessories
Mechanicsville Maryland
www.motovationcycles.com

·
Registered
239 Posts
My wife has ridden for 15+ years with me and never liked a full-faced helmet, than she decided to start riding her own bike, and she tried a Mono and loves it, rides with full-face all the time now, she says she doesn't feel like she is trapped in this one. Also it is light in weight. Little pricy but what's your head worth??? 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
helmet

I don't dislike it. I think might have even tried one on at the NYC bike show in January.
It looks very nice, and the sun shade feature is going to be something that eventually all top of the line helmets will offer. I find it a real plus.

That being said, I suggest (no, I strongly urge you) to look at the Schuberth helmet. List price is more money, (and I honestly think you get more helmet for your money) and if you shop, it can be had for about 300 (on a good day). It is pretty much a standard at BMW, and that is a pretty good standard. Dawg, Dr Rob and I saw them a few weeks ago, (we posted info about this on this site a few weeks ago) .and I bought one for myself and one for THE SUPREME LEADER aka: She Who Must Be Obeyed. I LUV my helmet, most comfortable, and quiet and no fog, great ventilation, and by far most important, she says she is happy, so you know the rest..............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts