GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any members have used the new band ?? I hang on 5.371.50 Mhz in the evenings, that is channel 4..

73 8)

P

·
0 Posts
Not yet. Signed up for a class to get my license starting in Feb.
Then I'll probabaly drive ya nuts. :p

Pat

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Anyone on here operate 60 meters
I think the real question should be: "Anyone on here playing a full deck?"

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
you will get more players with 60 liters :roll: :beer3: :beer2:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I ran the 60 meters once.......took me a couple mintues....... :roll:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just proving that comedians ride Goldwings, it relevant !!

JMHO 8)

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Hey Tommy, based on some of your email, YOU are a real comedian! How deep is the SNOW in NM now?! Did you change your car tire to the snow version yet?! Or do you just out the chains on?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Tom, I went to that frequency last nite and it was dead. I have a really lousy antenna and only run a hundred watts so I probably would have problems having a QSO with you but maybe we could set up a time and date and give it a try. 73's. KE3MH

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
S&W

Most of the guys are running Winter Sport tires and they work fine in the snow, Check out AKLDRIDERS posts and pictures !!

ChuckR,

The power limit on 60 is 50 watts ERP, so you won't hear many really loud signals.. I just use a 40 meter dipole and the internal tuner in the radio and get out OK with it. More and more people are using it, different but still interesting.

73 de KA7W 8)

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I'm just on 440 and 2m, running my D700A on the Wing and my little TH-D7AG at home.

I'll be putting up a Comet GP-9 about 25' above my house this weekend, but still using the TH-D7AG handy with a max of about 5.5w. I won't be getting out too far! :wink:

Going to try and see how far out I can go on simplex with the Handy and the GP-9 up on the roof. I may be able to reach out to Irvine, CA from Alhambra, CA about 33 miles SE as the crow flies.

Saving up some money to install a better base radio eventually. I am able to talk with my Ham/Motorcycle buddies all over Southern California with my current setup and the repeaters we have around here!

Still a newbie in the HAM radio arena, but enjoying it.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pshivers

I have not operated 2 meters much in my life. I do have a 2 meter radio but hardly ever hear anything on it... I heard one station on it when I took a trip to Oregon, Talked to the guy for a few miles and then nothing. I know a lot of guys with bikes use it.

I guess I am just a HF op... CW op .. and some SSB !!

73 de KA7W 8)

·
Registered
49 Posts
60 meters

Think my TS850 would have to be traded in to get on that freq. I did give a quick listen tonight, sounded like 40 meters with lots of skip. By the way, if you like CW, I should get you a sked with my brother, AA2JZ, who doesn't even have a microphone in his shack. He was morse intercept in the U.S. Navy for 4 years. 73.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'm gonna get some new running shoes and try it again!!!! :roll:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Larry,

I monitor 7195 on 40 meters all the time. Give me a call any time, if conditions are good, we could have QSO !! I do a lot of CW also, I do it mostly mobile here lately, key is out in the car now.. Some times do it on the bike if going on a long trip..

73 de KA7W

1 - 14 of 14 Posts