GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to Kona middle of January 2014. Wondering if there are any GoldWing riders on the Big Island.
Having my GL 1800 shipped there this month.:popcorn:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Saw lots of Harleys when we went 2 years ago and not one Wing. Best I remember the speed limit is pretty low on most roads. A 250 to 400 cc dual sport might be fun.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[QUOTshaw;6006506]Saw lots of Harleys when we went 2 years ago and not one Wing. Best I remember the speed limit is pretty low on most roads. A 250 to 400 cc dual sport might be fun.[/QUOTE]

Since I've been here I've seen 4 different 1500's, met one guy with w 2 different 1200's, one with a 1100 and was told there are several more over on the Hilo side. The dealer here said that he thinks there are a few 1800's around but they're not sure. They do have a new Valkery on the floor for sale.

Most of the smaller roads are 30-45mph but the main roads are mostly 55. Going across Kohala mountain and Saddle road it was nice to be on the wing for warmth and power. Was cold and wet over by the volcano too. Temp was in the lower 50's. A lot of the roads are nice and twisty and the wing is great 2 up.

So far love the 1800 over here and wouldn't even think of changing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
We would like to get back there one day and I intend to get some kind of bike and run around on it for a day or 2. Got some dandy coffee for sure. Either the big island or Maui or maybe both one day. We did the cruise for our 25 th anniversary and while it was fun you don't get to see enough at any port. You enjoy yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts