GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Show Me State getting any face time with all this crazy, roller coaster weather we've been getting??? No real cold riding gear for me, just thermals.

The ice is nearly melted at the end of my driveway, however snow banks still line the entire driveway. Roads in town still have some ice on them, highways are in pretty good shape.

I pulled the bike from its hibernation hole and started it up on the 2nd...

With any luck, perhaps maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to score some miles in the next week or two.

- David

·
Registered
191 Posts
New Season

I got out for a short 80 mile ride between cold fronts. Got my new heated pants for Christmas and gave them a try. Awesome ! Only thing even slightly cold was my toes. My season just got a little longer thanks to Tourmaster heated pants. Already had jacket liner.

·
Registered
832 Posts
David, slide that wing out to the highway and go for a ride. Looks like fairly nice riding weather in Gallatin today. 36 degrees now with 48 expected by 3:00 and wind of only 7 to 11 mph. The thermals with good coat should be okay with 48 degrees.
Rest of the week .... not looking too good. Rest of the week will require serious heated gear with Tuesday morning going down to 10 degrees.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Went to Smith's in Collins on our New Year's Day ride. Rode to Branson on Sunday for lunch. Couple times to work including today. I think that's about it so far this year.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wentzville to Columbia last weekend. This week is looking rough but I am going to enjoy some riding by proxy on the 23rd by watching Why We Ride in Columbia. Farmers Almanac is in our favor starting in March. Feb is supposed to be consistently brutal...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I best get some electronic warm riding gear! I was planning on riding yesterday, but spent most of the day helping a neighbor move her handicapped daughter into a new apartment.

One day soon is what I keep telling myself!

- David

·
Registered
906 Posts
No heated cold weather riding gear here, only FirstGear jacket & pants + thermals. I put in approx 350 miles last Sat to a destination in KS to meet up with several Valk riding friends and met new ones as well. 34 degrees when I left Missouri, and around 52 when I returned. BEAUTIFUL day, and I needed it. :lol:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wing is my primary transportation, I ride almost daily unless there is snow/ice. Rode about 300 miles over the weekend. Monday was best day to ride but I stayed home installing a 8 camera home system around my place. Rode for a few miles this morning, temp in the teens but wind had calmed down some. Will be riding about 100 miles tomorrow morning. Toasty warm with full set of Gerbings and Kilimanjaro coat.
john

·
Registered
672 Posts
I pushed my bike forward about a foot the other day to make room for something. Not sure if that counts or not.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I turned the key on to see if my new thumb drive with music worked! cant wait to ride!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey ChuckAmen,

I see it was only -25 earlier...you weren't out riding in those moderate temps???

- David

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well.....in my dreams I was! Ive been trying to figure how to take some time off work and haul the bike south just so I can do some riding!

·
Registered
554 Posts
54 for Sunday. I will be taking a ride for sure :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's just not fair, I tell ya...just not fair!

Seem as if the good weather arrives on my 2 work days each week or Sunday, where I am busy nearly the entire day.

My sister in northern Iowa has the weather pegged..."With the temps going to such high and low extremes, I have come to the conclusion that Mother Nature is definitely going through her menopause right now!"

Aahhh, the wisdom of older sisters!!

- David

·
Registered
72 Posts
68 in Branson last Sunday

I saw alot of people out from my truck windshield.

Pasted a silver north of Springfield on 13 around 3, was that ? da bull ?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I saw alot of people out from my truck windshield.

Pasted a silver north of Springfield on 13 around 3, was that ? da bull ?
Wasnt me. My silver 02 has '12 bags/tail light/fender on it. I was working til around 1:30 and didnt ride today. Rode Sunday and Wednesday though. They were talking freezing rain last night, so I didnt ride. Looks like I wont be able to jump on it for a week or better now... :cry:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey Bill did you get snow or freezing rain with this storm? Looks like we won't be riding up here for several days.

Wasnt me. My silver 02 has '12 bags/tail light/fender on it. I was working til around 1:30 and didnt ride today. Rode Sunday and Wednesday though. They were talking freezing rain last night, so I didnt ride. Looks like I wont be able to jump on it for a week or better now... :cry:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I get out as long as there's no ice. Heated jacket and heated gloves. The bike has a heated seat and grips.

Got caught in a sleet storm a week from Saturday past. The fuzz pulled me over to ask if I was crazy. Waited about 20 minutes and continued on.

The garden hose is hooked up and the bike gets a good wash down when I get home. That salt is murder on a motorcycle.

You guys with heated trousers - how do they work? Pretty well? Been thinking about a pair for the Wife. We came out of Galveston, Texas at 37 degrees and rode 550 miles. It warmed up to 42. The Missus was pretty cold. We use heavy fleece long johns under jeans and then leather over that. Heavy hunting socks with thinsulate boots. We both have heated jackets and heated gloves

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Bill did you get snow or freezing rain with this storm? Looks like we won't be riding up here for several days.
No freezing rain. So far its just snow. Only about 1.5" worth. They were talking 5-8 yesterday. Supposedly another inch tonight, but nothin so far.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts