GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly the tall Honda windshield has similar characteristic with the new Tulsa windshield. For those of you who have a Honda tall windshield how happy are you with wind buffeting for you and your passenger and how does rain flow around the windshield. Your opinions are appreciated

Mike
03ILB

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a honda tall w/ side wings and liked it quite a bit (its in a closet now). Perfect height for me @6'2". The wings were nice to direct wind. I replaced it with a Tulsa Tall and like the angle better. Tulsa does its job, but can get hot behind it on warm days. That was not a problem w/ the Honda Tall

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the Honda tall with out the vent (2002). I put it on the bike about 2 months after buying it. I like it, however the wife says she still gets wind buffeting in her helmet with the shield all the way up. She is 5'5". I have the new Tulsa adjustable OEM+2 (about the same as the Honda Tall) with vent ordered.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have one.. My wife says she doesn't get too much wind. Of course, I'm 6'4".. I like to look over the shield, not through it, and it's a good length for that.. I'm gonna be selling it in a few weeks when I get my new Tulsa +4.. The Honda is a bit too flexy for my taste.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've found that the tall windshield is just a bit too high for me. Being 5'11", and with the windshield at it lowest position, I'm looking right at the top edge most of the time. I would rather look over it.

On the other hand, my wife is very happy with it, especially in a higher position, as she gets very little buffeting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts