GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are about to make a trip on our new DCT Goldwing. We will be riding two up and pulling our motorcycle trailer. I have pulled this trailer with my 2008 1600 Nomad on a bunch of extended trips with no trouble. I was wondering how well the DCT will do with pulling the trailer with both of us on the bike. There will be some up and down hill.
Thanks
Maxtec1

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I'm interested too. Are you talking a cargo trailer like a Bushtec or are you talking a tent/trailer like a Roll-A-Home, Aspen or Bunkhouse?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I Pull a Bushtec with zero issues
No difference from my 2015 other than I don’t have to shift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm pulling a Bushtec behind my 2018 GoldWing Tour Air Bag model DCT. Smooth as silk, No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I pull a loaded Escapade behind my DCT with no issues.

Joe

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
881 Posts
I pull a loaded Escapade behind my DCT with no issues.

Joe

At first I thought you said a loaded Escalade, and I was thinking "****, most people use the full-size SUV to pull the bike not the other wa around!"

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
881 Posts
There shouldn't be any problems at all. In fact, it should be easier on the transmission/clutch with the DCT versus manual. The clutch won't slip nearly as much as a manual would, and so - with the extra weight and heat from pulling - your clutch will last longer. A DCT should actually outperform the manual in reliability and rideability (it'll tend to shift earlier before lugging, and better control downshifts as it stays in gear as much as possible).

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
As most have said, I pull a Busctec with my 2018 DTC Tour no issues whatever used all four driving modes (Tour-Sport-Rain-Econ) no problems, not a one! I do feel that this 2018 brakes better than my 2012 GL1832. Get out there and pull your trailer with confidence! Just load it properly and enjoy your vacation. I'm always solo so can't provide what it would pull like two-up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts