GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Woodstock? 8)

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I will have to wait for the clues.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Looks like a forest fire surrounding a teton. With the shadow off the teton I would guess it was taken mid afternoon...could be mid morning since I am guessing on time.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Great pic Hal - but does this mean it's OK to post non-motorcycle related items on your board again? :shock: :shock: I have been refraining . . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roadking522 said:
Great pic Hal - but does this mean it's OK to post non-motorcycle related items on your board again? :shock: :shock: I have been refraining . . .
No, but a bunch of us rode our motorcycles there in 2005 and 2006. Thats why I asked if anyone remembers?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
That's the "Close Encounters" view of Devils Tower. :p

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Falcon Wing said:
I climbed Devils Tower in 05. It was a REAL good climb...one of the 50 classic climbs in the US. Only 49 more to go!

My trip report here:

http://www.picturetrail.com/devilstower
Looks like you had quite an adventure there, FW. Glad you got pix, otherwise I'd never see the view from the top. :wink:

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
I remember, thats why you needed the sink hole insurance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Cindy and I rode over the last week of July. It was super hot. And, she just had to hike around the base. I damm near melted..... :coolit:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Oh Yeah! Devils Tower.
Wife and I stopped there on a 4000 mile two week trip.
Did I mention that 4k was riding double on our new
Honda CB-750?
It was hot but we were well prepared. :roll:
We had ALL our touring gear with us. :lol:
Those white socks pulled over our hands
kept the sun from cooking them.
Yep, back in those days we knew nothing except that we were
going for a long ride. Not much commercial riding gear back then
and no internet to learn about touring from others. :lol:
You made due with whatever you could find for riding gear, :wink:
when the conditions made it obvious you needed something. :lol:
DC

·
Registered
902 Posts
I remember. In 2006 it was an overcast day when Hal, Jerry, Ron and I arrived at the site. LaMonster and Big Joe were flying low ahead of us and missed the turn south and headed deeper west (about 40 miles) into Wyoming. After the viewing at Devil's Tower, we headed back and hit a big rain storm and eventually waited out the storm at a convenience/gas store west of Sturgis. Hal, you didn't have a windshield on the M109.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If my memory is correct, that is a picture of Devil's tower taken by Hal from the seat of his Gold Wing during his famous jump over the rock formation!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ChuckR said:
If my memory is correct, that is a picture of Devil's tower taken by Hal from the seat of his Gold Wing during his famous jump over the rock formation!!! :lol:
Soooo, Hals last name is Knievel huh? :lol:
DC

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wife and I hit Devils Tower on the way back from a funeral in MN in October. I saw it when I was a kid and Marcie never saw it before, but when we got there, it was pretty foggy and you couldn't get a good view of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts