GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I can see from the information regarding the mountain passes and their altitude that I will be better off waiting until sometime in May. I live in the high desert of Central Oregon and understand well how spring storms can interfere with riding. I'm going to play it a little safe and probably go the second week of May.
Sometimes I think I should move south but my grandchildren are too important to do that so I guess I'll just be patient.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I'm thinking about riding from Reno to the Arches NP in late April. Does anyone have info on Hwy 50 and what the weather might be like in late April across Nevada and Utah?
I have, just keep checking the weather forecasts. Should be an enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone mentioned get "gas every chance you can" yet? Take everyone's advice. I have ridden this many times from Canon City in Colorado to Sacramento, and back.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Clown Motel in Ely yet. Do a Google search on this. It is an internet meme. I have stayed there four times before the new owners took over. Primarily because it freaks out my daughters when they hear of the risks I take while on the road. Under the previous owners, who were the last original family members who ran it, I got a really substandard room for anywhere from $39.99 to $59.99, single occupancy.

The new owners are working hard to rebuild and upgrade the motel, so it is not the meme it once was.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ha ha! Route 50....
My brother moved from New Jersey to Fernley Nevada a while back.
One day he decided to ride east on 50 and see what was out there.
He said that he rode for over an hour at 75 mph, and he saw....
absolutely nuthin'!!!
So he turned around and rode back home!
He hasn't been back out that way since. LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
S
Ha ha! Route 50....
My brother moved from New Jersey to Fernley Nevada a while back.
One day he decided to ride east on 50 and see what was out there.
He said that he rode for over an hour at 75 mph, and he saw....
absolutely nuthin'!!!
So he turned around and rode back home!
He hasn't been back out that way since. LOL!!!!!!
Psalm 135:16

New Jersey it isn’t but out on that high desert there is plenty to see.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts