GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well is anyone riding in alabama ? i just got out today after not riding for a few weeks had a great ride even the short rain was welcome :thumbup:

·
Registered
935 Posts
To/from work mostly. Some errands but that's about all I have time for. ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sure...... 500 miles Friday from Danville, Illinois to home at Pickwick Dam, Tennessee...... Did some scenic routes. Since Tuesday 980 miles with ATGATT :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure...... 500 miles Friday from Danville, Illinois to home at Pickwick Dam, Tennessee...... Did some scenic routes. Since Tuesday 980 miles with ATGATT :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

but you have AC

·
Read Only
853 Posts
Sure. Every Saturday since our meet and greet. The highest temp was 94*f starting out, but we rode straight to the hills where temps dropped to the low 80's. Yesterday was a cool 90F leaving out at 4pm, and 76F coming home at 8pm. Our local group rides to eat somewhere every Saturday that it's not raining.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yesterday (Saturday), my neighbor and his wife on their wing and my wife and I on our wing, left Huntsville, Al. at 7:30am and rode over to Clarksdale, MS., where we went to the blues museum and then to Ground Zero where we had burgers and a few cold ones. It was a blasting hot ride....I enjoyed the first 3 hours...after that it got friggin HOT...!!

We spent the night at the Hampton Inn, in Clarksdale, and this morning, we left there at 5:30am and rode back to Huntsville arriving at noon.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
June 1st thru June 9th Fayborg, me and 2 others rode 4450+ miles from Northern IL to AZ via MO, AR, OK, TX, NM, AZ, UT, CO, NE, IA and IL, Most days were in the 90s; AZ 97 and it rained 2 days of the 3 days we were there...:? Frustrated by washed out roads and impending t-storms we rode home 850+ miles on the last day thru CO, NE, IA and IL where the heat index was 105+ most of the way. Beat the chit out sitting home and wishing it was 60... :lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not in Alabama, but rode to Austin and back from Houston yesterday. 300 + miles and yes it got a bit warm in the afternoon.

·
Read Only
853 Posts
It's not so much the high temps that get you down.....it's the high humidity that's making those temps seem extra hot. I've been having to soak a T-shirt in cool water before and during mowing the grass just to keep from heat stroke.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Dad and I rode 330 on Saturday.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Ride every day to work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts