GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some point this year I will need new tires. Might as well get them when they are on sale. Anyone seeing any great prices?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry, I’ve been considering going to the Darkside , especially for long distance touring. I have an extra rear wheel that I think I will mount the tire on that you recommend. How does it handle on the twisty roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Larry, I’ve been considering going to the Darkside , especially for long distance touring. I have an extra rear wheel that I think I will mount the tire on that you recommend. How does it handle on the twisty roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Al, I like the 175/60 over the 195/55 because it's a bit narrower by 20mm but makes the feel more like a mc tire yet you still have the grip and safety of a run-flat CT.

My first CT was the more favoried 195/55 but I didn't care for the way it pushed you into a turn when you run up the side of a truck grove in the road,... what you find sometimes at an intersection when the road is asphalt?

Since then I've purchased nothing but the 175/60R16.

There are a few of us out there but are not as vocal as the 'true' Darksiders would say.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Americanmototire.com is where I get my tires nowadays. I think I paid less than 300 shipped for my Bridgestones.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Reactions: Txwingman

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys. I checked out American Moto and their prices seem very good. I've been running a Dunlop E3 on rear and E4 on the front, and have been quite happy with them. I've considered running a set of Bridgestones. The G704 and G709 seem to be popular with many guys here. Any opinions? Also based on Larry's recommendation, I think I'm going to order the Dunlop that he rides as my first foray into the Darkside

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was considering the E4s at my last tire change....but the price was nearly double. The bridgestones seem fine, handle fine, I'm sure they wear fine........so they're fine.

One thing about americanmototire.com that people have complained about is checking out as a guest. So, I suggest creating an account, and then signing in to make your purchases. From there, they will update the order and you get tracking info. Apparently it doesn't work well as a guest when they update an order, so delays and shipping notifications don't always get sent/received.

·
Registered
878 Posts
At some point this year I will need new tires. Might as well get them when they are on sale. Anyone seeing any great prices?
Bridgestone has a rebate for the month of March on 704s and 709s. $284.76 at Rocky Mountain. - $60 net $224.76. I noticed they added sales tax this year.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Bridgestone has a rebate for the month of March on 704s and 709s. $284.76 at Rocky Mountain. - $60 net $224.76. I noticed they added sales tax this year.
Jus' got 2 G709's from AMT for $258.32 (no tax). Rocky Mountain was gonna charge me $275.04 with the new added tax. Bridgestone's $60 rebate still brings these in jus' under $100 ea. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
March 1 until April 30 Bridgestone has a $60 rebate on a pair of tires.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I just took advantage of this sale. They (Bridgestone) did a similar sale last year as well. I shopped both Rocky Mountain ATV and American Moto Tire. They both add Sales Tax to my order. Rocky Mountain ATV was about $15 less when all was said and done. They also provided a $5.00 credit to any future purchases from them. So, for me, it wound up being about $20 in favor of Rocky Mountain ATV. Last year I bought two sets for my Goldwing. I'm about half way through the first set that I installed last August and still have a set sitting wrapped on a shelf in the garage. So this year I bought tires for the Harley. When I buy two sets I first buy one set and then an hour or so later I buy the second set. That way I use the $5.00 credit from the first set towards the second set. Every little bit helps . . . . . :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Got a note from Wingstuff last night. The Bridgestone 704/709 combo for $314.99, free shipping, and a $60 rebate from Bridgestone. Buy a single tire and get a $25 rebate. Good through April 30th.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a note from Wingstuff last night. The Bridgestone 704/709 combo for $314.99, free shipping, and a $60 rebate from Bridgestone. Buy a single tire and get a $25 rebate. Good through April 30th.
That is a great deal on a very popular combination.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts