GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of good imformation here,but I'm sick of hearing about what kind of oil to use. what type of filter when to change crush washers and all sort of silly crap. Honda gave us the Spec's. USE THEM. And for the Idiot's using car tires on their bikes. If you can't afford the right type designed for the bike SELL IT.

·
Registered
84 Posts
... and that's YOUR opinion... :roll:

You know, you don't HAVE to read those posts if they bother you THAT much.

(Personally, I'm tired of the posts that say how tired a certain person is of other posts... but that's ME.)

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Mike,
I enjoy reading and writing about the topics you mention. That's what I'm here for. :?
If you're sick of hearing about GW related items, perhaps you are in the wrong forum. There are lots of others on the Internet. I hope you enjoy yourself someplace else. The rest of us will continue to enjoy ourselves here.
Bye.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm thinking this is almost as good as the oil subject but will never get as many opinionated responses.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
When I first came to this forum everybody was happy about everybody being happy. Then a few people started whining about other people whining. Now there are some folks happy about other people whining. Where is this all headed ... can somebody tell me? ... well ... can you? ... huh?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mike,

I agree with the others here: If you don't like the forum or the topics, STOP READING THEM. That is your right. But, don't infringe upon the rights of others with your whining.

I'll give you one good example where your logic is flawed: Steering bearings. The All-Balls is beyond the documented specs provided by Honda, but is FAR superior to the OEM installed. I speak from personal experience. Without the "silly crap" from this forum, I'd still be riding a Wing with a wobble.

There are plenty of other examples, but I really don't need to list them all here. Contribute, lurk, whatever floats your boat.....EXCEPT WHINING.

I, for one, like this forum just the way it is, with all of its flaws...

Scott

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think maybe......we should discuss.....oil 8) 84 degrees and beautiful riding today.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mike Moran - I have to tell you, I was getting kind of down in my cups but when I saw how much my using a car tire on my bike bothered you, well, I just haven't felt this good in a long time. Thank you.

P.S. I loved all the little spelling and grammatical errors you cleverly put into your post so we would think that you are just some ignorant, uneducated regular guy like us and not the suave educated gentleman that you are. Nice touch that.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Looks like the OTB is spilling over into this board already. Maybe the OTB needs to be brought back and renamed "The Lunatic Fringe".

:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
But you forgot to mention which Oil that you use, Dyno Honda brand, or a better Synthetic Oil. We would like your thought on this, and weather you use the expensive filter, or the less expensive to change your oil, and how often you change it. We need to know this, it is important to our piece of mind.

I just bet that Lamont really appreciates you calling him an Idiot for coming home on a car tire instead of walking.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Mike Moran

Did I read you right when you called all the good folks on here that run a car tire a "Idiot" ?? :cry:

Please explain to me why you would say that to folks you don't even know.

waiting for your answer ! 8)

·
Registered
778 Posts
deleted - not worth the trouble

Have a great day

JB

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Ooops...sorry fellas.....I thought I was on the tech board.....I seem to have wandered onto the OTB board

My bad :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK Folks.... Flames OFF!!!
Maybe He doesn't understand that we are just exploring what is possible.
We are try to breakout! We are Calm...We don't MIND BEING CALLED IDIOTS!!!!! Breath Deeply... OK I am better now.

Thank you for your concern about my heath and mental well being.

B

·
0 Posts
CJS said:
Mike,
I enjoy reading and writing about the topics you mention. That's what I'm here for. :?
If you're sick of hearing about GW related items, perhaps you are in the wrong forum. There are lots of others on the Internet. I hope you enjoy yourself someplace else. The rest of us will continue to enjoy ourselves here.
Bye.
Hey CJ, How's the Hot Dog cart doing? Tina and I are close to a trailer decision. I sent an email to Coolhand about his. He sure did a nice job.

I just got a case of Amsoil gallons from Bulldog yesterday. Boy that stuff sure make the Wing shift smooth. How soon do you think I should change it? He sent me 4 new crush washers too. Might as well use them. What a sweet guy he is. And Meesh too.

You know I've got car tires on the back of my trike don't you. They really are nice.

Oh yeah, Mike, 57 posts in a year huh? And you are sick of it all? Too Bad, I love a fresh oil question from a newbie. It gives me another chance to share my opinion.

Hey Gunny, welcome to the board. Semper Fi!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mr. Beastie,

I'm putting the crush washers on a much lower priority level!! I just got five new oil filters from HDL and they included 10 new Crush washers, but, they were all to small for the filter! Being the gentleman I try to always be, I put one on the drain plug and I'm not even going to tell Hal that one of his guys messed up. :D

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
JB said:
deleted - not worth the trouble
Not even written in the first place, same reason... :lol:

·
Banned
10 Posts
CJS said:
Mike,
Bye.

Mr Mike- don't listen to this guy, he spends most of his time at nonmototorcycle meetings.

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/?Media=PlayFlash

1 - 20 of 32 Posts