GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just let me know. If I am in town you are welcome to part at our ranch. Several already have this year. I can also show you great roads and special spots.

Hope your trip home went well Dr. Sanger.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Dr. Jim, We have 4 or 5 bikes heading to Granby on July 1st. I know that is too far from you, we have a couple of condos and will be leaving our trailers there for our rides out during the day, anyway. Thanks for the offer! The rest of the group is leaving us to go on to Montana, we have to be back in Alabama on Sunday. I was thinking about my wife and I riding south from Granby and making Pikes Peak on Thursday. Someone told me about the highest bridge or second highest bridge in the US is somewhere down that way. Do you know what they are talking about? I need to do a Google map and see if we can ride down from Granby early and do both on Thursday or is that too much to try?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
...I was thinking about my wife and I riding south from Granby and making Pikes Peak on Thursday. Someone told me about the highest bridge or second highest bridge in the US is somewhere down that way. Do you know what they are talking about? I need to do a Google map and see if we can ride down from Granby early and do both on Thursday or is that too much to try?
the bridge you refer to is the "Royal Gorge Bridge" west of Canon City. It's the highest suspension bridge in the US, and 2nd highest in the world. The ride itself from Granby to Canon City can be done in a little over 4 hrs. That leaves quite a bit of extra daylight to ride Pikes Peak as well as the bridge. Not sure though how much time you should allocate to each side trip. Others can chime in on this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My wife and I are driving the wing out to CS this coming Saturday morning. We will be arriving sometime Sunday afternoon/evening.

Maybe you can help us decide what to do for the following M-F.

Andy

·
Registered
999 Posts
Just a side note, there's a very relaxing train ride that starts in Canon City and follows the river up to the Royal Gorge and then returns. Well worth your consideration.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Trailer parking in Santa Fe

I saw Dr. Jim's post regarding parking in Colorado Springs....same holds true for the Santa Fe area...I have pleanty of room for parking and it is safe. Let me know and we can talk about parking or things to do in the Santa Fe area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dr. Jim was a gratious host for my rig while touring Colorado and Wyoming for a week. Thanks again Dr. Jim, what a nice fellow. Got home late Friday evening in spite of the detour around Raton due to the fire. Only other problem was a temporary detainment by the town marshall of a little dot on the road called Texline, TX. Based upon reports of the recent snow in CO, it seems I picked a good time. Weather was excellent except for the cold and rain in Yellowstone.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife and I are driving the wing out to CS this coming Saturday morning. We will be arriving sometime Sunday afternoon/evening.

Maybe you can help us decide what to do for the following M-F.

Andy
contact me when you get into CS and I can show you THE best roads!!

[email protected]

Dr. Jim was a gratious host for my rig while touring Colorado and Wyoming for a week. Thanks again Dr. Jim, what a nice fellow. Got home late Friday evening in spite of the detour around Raton due to the fire. Only other problem was a temporary detainment by the town marshall of a little dot on the road called Texline, TX. Based upon reports of the recent snow in CO, it seems I picked a good time. Weather was excellent except for the cold and rain in Yellowstone.
Hey Doc, glad you made it home okay. hope you enjoyed your trip. pleasure to meet you and come back any time. sorry you caught one of those Texas cops, but got to keep the revenue up you know.

those fires are still burning!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts