GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Have not used them, but do have a pair of First Gear HT Overpants. They work great, provide good protection, and are waterproof. Rather warm in hot summer though.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I also have the First Gear HT pants - except for the darn snap (made in china UGH) - they wear great, are waterproof, and in the winter the thermal guard is so comfortable I wear them when using the snow blower :D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I actually like the First Gear Air Overpants 2 better as I can use them in all weather - but during the winter, you will need to wear a warmer layer (I use sweatpants).

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
harvey said:
Have not used them, but do have a pair of First Gear HT Overpants. They work great, provide good protection, and are waterproof. Rather warm in hot summer though.
Same here.. The HT's are the bomb in the cold, I also have a pair of the First Gear "Air" pants and don't like them.. Not enough pocket space and the waistband rolls too easy.. These touring pants look pretty nice though, I'd welcome a review from someone who has them..

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
harvey said:
Me too, and the wife. we like em a lot for the cold. they come in "tall" sizes if you need em. Good stuff!

check em herehttp://www.motoemporium.com/

·
Registered
411 Posts
EagleEye

If you are going to use them for summer they will be very hot even with the liner out. I use them for my cold weather riding and for rain. Very warm and waterproof.
Redeye

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
To those using pants with removable liner.
Gerbing will electrify them for a very reasonable cost.

I too have the first gear HT overpants and the heat is nice when it drops below freezing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts