GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a tune up on my Chevy Astro van and I put in Bosch spark plugs Quad tip........... And man it really runs strong :p well worth the money.

Just wondering if anyone has put in fancy spark plugs for the wing with good luck and MORE POWER ( love that power..... need more )

Tony - Chicagoland 8)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I changed my plugs over to NGK Irridium plugs. They seem to perform fine. The engine seems to idle a little smoother, but that may be wishful thinking in that they cost about $7.50 a plug. I have them in my car and I can say that in the car they made a seat of the pants difference for the better. :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm pretty fussy about my plugs. Used to have an old Triumph Bonneville that I would hot rod around on, and I managed to put in plugs that were too hot for it. Burned a hole in the piston head, or at least I always blamed it on the plugs. (sure couldn't been my clumsy maintenance! :roll: ).

By the way, thanks for reminding of her. I hadn't thought of that bike in years! That'll put a smile on my face this today so big that my wife will wonder what I've been up to!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts