GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Nolan n103 helmet to replace my Nolan n102 thinking I could just transfer my J&M Elite 584 headset to the new n103. No such luck.

Since then I've read some decent reviews on the Nolan n90 helmet (and a little cheaper).

Anyone on the board have one and care to give a review? I might switch to the n90 if I've got to make a headset change anyway.

The n103 was really tight on my head and it was a XXL. I don't have a large head. I sometimes get a big head for a while until my wife knocks me down a peg or two!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Both my wife and I have the N90. Took our first weekend trip ( 8-10 hour riding days) with it and had no complaints, in fact I was rater impressed.

We put the Edsets system in there and they worked great. We switched from J&M after they told me they had to put the cheaper system in the Nolan due to sizing. Aboutsolutely no fitting problem with the top of line Edsets speakers. (Can't understand why J&M can't develop a good sounding thin speaker like Edsets did!)

I used to wear a Shoei RJ Platnum 3/4 and then a HJC FS-3 3/4 so it took some getting used to (a full face - modular) and my jaw felt a little discomfort until I adjusted to the longer cheeck pads. It was also hot (outside temps were 97 degrees.) so I reode with the visor up most of the time. When it was down it was relatively quiet, comfortable and I was very pleased.

We both went from a Medium to a large in the switch. I tried on the N103 and did not like the fit at all. The N90 gives me alot of room for the mic space between the chin bar and my face. The N90 is more rounded I think.

I reccomend BOTH the helmet and the Edsets combination. very comfortable and great sound.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
We have 2 N90's and are very pleased with them. I have the Nolan headset and intercom and it also works well, although I have nothing to compare them to. The built in sunvisor is great, the chin-bar is easy to flip up (even with gloves) and after using it for awhile, I prefer the micro-lock chin strap to the convential D-ring. As a bonus, the helmet color a near-perfect match for my 2010 Titanium Wing. I got the model that includes the pin lock insert, but I have not used them yet.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I replace my N102 w/ n90 n-com and find the fit much better. When open it seems alittle flimsy - but closed seems stout. I like the interior sun visor over the external as you are able to take advantage of the shade w/o closing the visor. My N102 took a couple of pretty good hits in my accident and held up flawlessly - hopefully I wont put the n90 to the same test. Check out www.extremesupply.com for prices.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You might look at AIRRIDER.com, I have their headset and I have a JM in an old 3/4 shell Nolan. Airrider works best for me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
We been using the N90's with J&M Elite's for several months, they fit & sound just fine. Was using HTC Symax II with Edsets. We like the Nolan & JM setup better.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
We tried the N90 on at Neihaus open house and liked it. It will be my wife's next helmet.

One of my concerns was how it'd do in the rain. Did it leak much inside the visor?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone use the n-com communications system in the Nolan helmet??

I tried to buy the n-com adapter plate and mike from J&M but John said no-go. Gotta buy the entire headset even though I use earbuds and already have the cords needed.

Ticked me off. If the n-com system works well J&M isn't getting another dime of my money.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Just got an N90 for myself...it fit better than the N103...the chinguard was much,much closer to my chin in the 103 than the 90

Has the J&M Elite 629 headsets installed...so far all is well and I like it very much

Will get one for the wife next

1 - 10 of 10 Posts