GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Goldwing and I am looking for a bluetooth system to hook up to my radio, Aux input, GPS and blue tooth cell phone. Has anyone had any luck finding a system that works well....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have the Garmin 2820. With the Kennedy harness, etc. it hooks into the Aux. circuit and my hard-wired headsets. It includes xm radio (without the antenna - had to add that), MP3, Bluetooth and the GPS. The phone reception isn't perfect, but it works well enough for the few times I've used it.

There has been a lot on this topic already. Search "Garmin 2820" and you should get plenty to digest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ditto on this question! Been wondering if there is a system available to link a bluetooth from my Blackberry phone into my wing's intercom system. Any such thing out there? :chatter:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bluetooth for the 2006 Gldwing?

My goldwing has the Honda GPS... I am looking for a bluetooth unit that will allow me to send all the Honda electronics and my cell phone to my helmet via bluetooth (wireless) technology.. Anybody have any luck?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a bluetooth cell phone adapter from Kennedy technologies. Works great and they have adapters for different cell phones. The phone rings in the headset and allows communication through the intercom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bluetooth Headsets

I got tired of fooling with the audio cables so I ordered the Sena SMH10 bluetooth headsets for me and the misses. I paid $250 for the set and installed them tonight. Installation was a breeze. The two sets paired easily with each other and with our Iphones. The book says that they will also hook up with our bluetooth enabled GPS. Since I have a pretty reliable GPS on my phone I will probably just use it.

According to the instruction manual I should be able to talk on my phone, listen to music, hear directions from the GPS and communicate with the boss behind me.

Since the forecast for tomorrow is 72 degrees and sunny, we decided to take a trip to the Gulf Coast to try them out. I'll let you know how they turn out.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I'm using the Garmin Zumo 550 for Bluetooth. My GL2Way system has a Mic splitter that allows hands-free use of my cell phone while riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Ekim,

I am a little confused. Were you able to connect to the Honda Gold Wing GPS navigation system and the Honda Audio system then send the signal via bluetooth to the Sena SMH10 headsets using these adapters?

Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sena SMH10 with earbud clamps (to plug in your own in-ear speakers). Took the stereo speakers off [which are pretty great] but the earbuds are even better as they cut out a LOT of road noise... Best price was from MrHit.com, but they are out of the dual kits right now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ekim,

I am a little confused. Were you able to connect to the Honda Gold Wing GPS navigation system and the Honda Audio system then send the signal via bluetooth to the Sena SMH10 headsets using these adapters?

Thanks
Hi
Yepp, works great. Listen to Hondas radio sounds really good through the adapter. Navigation commands interrupt radio.
But: If i'm in a conversation with my passenger, navigation commands will not interrupt our conversation since 'music streaming' have the lowest priority in Senas bluetooth.

/Mikael

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi
Yepp, works great. Listen to Hondas radio sounds really good through the adapter. Navigation commands interrupt radio.
But: If i'm in a conversation with my passenger, navigation commands will not interrupt our conversation since 'music streaming' have the lowest priority in Senas bluetooth.

/Mikael
Can both sena headsets (driver and passenger) listen to the Honda system at the same time? In other words can the J&M unit pair with both headsets at once?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, unfortunataly the bluetooth dongle can only be connected to one device at time. Have to buy another set and connect to the passenger cord :-(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Because it is a good ???

Alot of us are still looking for the "Silver Bullet" for the music audio, cell phone, CB, and intercom to bluetooth hookup helmets to the GL1800 without refinancing the house. No more cords and one button to push to cancel bluetooth when we get off the bike so the batteries don't run down.

·
Registered
205 Posts
here is MY take on the question of Bluetooth headsets on the GL-1800 ,,,,,

If you are a practical type of person, then spending $1,300.00 for all new headsets, dongles, harnesses etc ,,,, JUST to cut the cord to the headsets and to gain the privilege of charging batteries every night for the next day’s ride ,,,, borders on crazy ,,,,,,

If you are a person who likes to have what is perceived as the latest and the greatest technology, regardless of cost ,,, J&M offers THE BEST Bluetooth helmet headsets and integration dongles to the GL-1800 audio system ,,,,,

If however, you are considering Bluetooth headsets, just to make it easier to link a cell phone into the GL-1800 audio system, then this is a better AND less expensive solution ,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMDM-IPBT-GL18 &PF=32 ,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 62 Posts