GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
They are building me one for 2012 wing. I'm suppose to get it in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know if it's worth the money.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They are building me one for 2012 wing. I'm suppose to get it in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know if it's worth the money.
How do you like the 2012 so far? Looks sweet! Any big problems in getting the hitch other than wait time??

·
Registered
113 Posts
hitch swivels

To answer your question, no, ...
I've never seen this one, I tried to find some better pics on their site but the server wasn't having it. Maybe tomorrow... (sigh...)
:shrug:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Interesting concept - but in reading the specs. it is only rated for 300# tow load. My CSC Elite weighs in empty at 235# w/a max. at near 550#. You'd also be pushing its limits w/a camper. Just an observation.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Interesting concept - but in reading the specs. it is only rated for 300# tow load. My CSC Elite weighs in empty at 235# w/a max. at near 550#. You'd also be pushing its limits w/a camper. Just an observation.
They have a HD one rated at 600#.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan, they why is because my harbor freight trailer binds if I lean to much with my HD Ultra. On the Goldwing it worked fine, no binding. I'm not sure what the difference is.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I went to Tractor Supply and picked up a third member for around $30, cut it in half, used half to make my own. Gave the other half to a buddy.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Swivel Hitch

Dan, they why is because my harbor freight trailer binds if I lean to much with my HD Ultra. On the Goldwing it worked fine, no binding. I'm not sure what the difference is.
That is interesting, is it a different style ball? Hope you can work it out without too much problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts