GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Cardo Scala Teamset Pro bluetooth headset
Theres 2 in the box and I was informed prior to receiving them that both headsets can pair with the same GPS device.
I have a Garmin Zumo 550
One of the headsets has paired ok, the other one wont pair.
I have followed the instructions in the manual but cant get BOTH to pair.
Any ideas

·
Registered
460 Posts
Go to Scala website, register and update the headsets to latest firmware.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked on their site and there are no updates available for this model of head set
I was just hoping that someone on the forum may have had this model

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have these head sets an it my understanding that they may pair to a gps that is not a tom tom but it is not guaranteed ..

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I doing some research for you now. I have a feeling you won't be able to pair both headsets to the Zumo 550 unless you update the Bluetooth software on the 550, and even then you it might not work since having two like devices might require BT4 (the latest version of Bluetooth) or even A2DP capability. The 550 is an OLD unit. I'm not sure if the 660 or the 665 will even support it. Garmins newest M/C GPS, the 390LM might support what you're trying t do, but I don't know.

Hang in there...still studying...

I did find this and from what I'm reading, it's not looking good: http://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/cardo-systems-scala-rider-teamset-review.htm/

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I can't find a definitive answer on your particular headsets. I would visit the Cardo website and on the contact us page, either fill out the contact form, write them an email or give them a call.

I did find out that the Teamset Pro does not support any software updating from Cardo, nor does it support A2DP for stereo.

http://www.cardosystems.com/us/support/contact-us

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tech Service

Call Cardio, there tech service people are great. (For phone number Google, Cardio Systems)

I have a mixture of Q2 & Q2 Pros, and they have solved all my issues.

After they give you a solution, ask them to drop you an e-mail with the solution. Generally most of the techs will give you e-mail.

Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys
Will call them today
In the manual there is a picture showing both rider and pillion able to listen to GPS

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just received this from Cardo

he passenger will not be able to be paired with the same GPS system that you are paired with. Each Teamset Pro unit would need to have their own GPS system paired with each Teamset Pro unit if you wanted to both receive GPS instructions. There is no way to pair two Scala Rider headsets to a GPS system for both headsets receive GPS commands from the same GPS system. The Teamset Pro units can only be paired together for intercom communication, they cannot share any other bluetooth audio between them.

he passenger will not be able to be paired with the same GPS system that you are paired with. Each Teamset Pro unit would need to have their own GPS system paired with each Teamset Pro unit if you wanted to both receive GPS instructions. There is no way to pair two Scala Rider headsets to a GPS system for both headsets receive GPS commands from the same GPS system. The Teamset Pro units can only be paired together for intercom communication, they cannot share any other bluetooth audio

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Just received this from Cardo

he passenger will not be able to be paired with the same GPS system that you are paired with. Each Teamset Pro unit would need to have their own GPS system paired with each Teamset Pro unit if you wanted to both receive GPS instructions. There is no way to pair two Scala Rider headsets to a GPS system for both headsets receive GPS commands from the same GPS system. The Teamset Pro units can only be paired together for intercom communication, they cannot share any other bluetooth audio between them.

he passenger will not be able to be paired with the same GPS system that you are paired with. Each Teamset Pro unit would need to have their own GPS system paired with each Teamset Pro unit if you wanted to both receive GPS instructions. There is no way to pair two Scala Rider headsets to a GPS system for both headsets receive GPS commands from the same GPS system. The Teamset Pro units can only be paired together for intercom communication, they cannot share any other bluetooth audio
Yep! That's what I thought...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out for a ride today
Beautiful blue sky and 65 degrees
Anyway tried the Cardo Scala bluetooth headsets for the first time and I am happy with the sound quality
Only point I must send a memo to myself
When the wife dropped one of her gloves on the driveway and she had to walk about 100 yards to go and pick it up, must remember not to call her a silly
Old fart as she heard my rantings in her helmet
Ride was a little quiet after that

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check out using a Sena SM10 Bluetooth transmitter. Take the output from the 550 and connect that to the Aux input in or under the left pocket. Purchase the adapter from Sena to wire the output from the bike's intercom/radio to the input of the Sena. Pair the Sena to each Cardo and you will have stereo from the MP3 player of the 550, AM/FM/WB from the bike plus the GPS instructions. You do have to manipulate the Cardo control to flip between Intercom and bike audio output.
I've been using this setup for over two years now with a pair of G4 Cardo. Have had nothing but good things to say about it. Try it, you'll like it. :yes1::yes1:

By the way, my son and I use them for Bike to Bike communications. And when my wife rides we use them for intercom and listening to music.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Went out for a ride today
Beautiful blue sky and 65 degrees
Anyway tried the Cardo Scala bluetooth headsets for the first time and I am happy with the sound quality
Only point I must send a memo to myself
When the wife dropped one of her gloves on the driveway and she had to walk about 100 yards to go and pick it up, must remember not to call her a silly
Old fart as she heard my rantings in her helmet
Ride was a little quiet after that
You calling her names got me thinking.
I picked up some Scala Rider headsets(outdated ones apparently-Q2 multi-pro) last summer on our trip into the States.Not being used to "paying before you pump fuel" when we stopped the wife would go in and pay,but I never was sure when or if the pump was turned on.I'd give her a couple of minutes and then ask if they had turned them on yet(she'd wear her helmet in).Caught a few cashiers off guard when they heard me ask.Still trying to sort out a couple of things on ours,but they do seem to work decent for what we want.Don't like being tied to the bike and we don't use them for music.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
thanks for ur inquire. Just got my Q3 for matching up to my garmin 550. Paired up no problems with phone too. Now waiting for bluetooth adapter for my two bikes, hope they work. Have not done any riding with it, so far the built in fm radio is very poor reception, but do not care about that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts