GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just setup a Facebook page. Is anyone out there using this? If so, how does it benefit you?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I don't have one but have thought about it because my sister and a nurse that I work with have both recently started using facebook. They say that old friends from highschool search them out and email them. Its up to you who to allow in or out. I grew up in a small town in MA, only 120 in my class and haven't seen most of them since 1980. Over the years I've got an email here and there from an old friend that searched for me but nothing in the last 10yrs or so. Thats about all I'd use it for if it all but you never know where else it could lead. Right now I prefer to be out playing with my kids, riding my wing etc. This forum and a few others out there keep me online longer than I feel I should be so thats what holds me back.
Let us know what you find out.
From what I've heard facebook has more people in it than myspace but it may be worth it to do both.

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
Use it for keeping track of friends and family.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
Use it, and like it. Had a MySpace account, but ANYONE can post/see your profile. Alot of weirdo's out there. Facebook you can limit their access - you invite them to be a friend.

Seems safer to me, easier to post pictures/etc. Games are fun. Since joining, I've reconnected with my nephew in AK, whom I haven't seen or talked to in about 12yrs, my neice whom I saw at Xmas that I haven't seen in longer than that, my friend in FL whom I've known for over 23years, friends I had from the Valkyrie board - people here/work/etc.

I like it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm on it, I have found a few old friends and some have found me. Ive used Classmates also, but facebook is free.

Mike

·
Registered
740 Posts
facebook

I'm w/ Laura, I have it, use it, and like it. I hook-up w/ my kids on instant message,pictures, news, etc.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just setup a Facebook page. Is anyone out there using this? If so, how does it benefit you?
yes, it connects me with friends and family. it's the next thing beyond e-mail and text messaging....I honestly hate it, but it's another way to communicate. ;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
I joined in December, found alot of old classmates. Alot of my family members are on there so it's a great way to stay in touch.

Electrical Connections has a page on there too, if you're on Facebook, go and become a fan! Lewis will appreciate it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I use it and it's great for picking up chicks my age. :p
Plus it's great to request to be friends with your Teenage kids( It pisses them off: Are you kidding me DAD how Lame)

CTWing (Scott Warner)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've had a facebook for a couple of months now and have been able to make contact with a few old friends and peek into their lives a bit. I found one high school friend who I haven't heard from in forty years. I don't use it as much as many people do, but I enjoy touching base with some of those with whom I have lost contact.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I joined at the request of my students. When they asked me to set up an account I said, "yeah, like you would communicate with an old fart like me anyway..." Boy was I wrong! Seems college age and some younger like it as a means of networking. I've heard from friends, family, and some students I hadn't heard from in years! It certainly isn't something I would have joined on my own but do use it and find it amusing to watch what the younger generation posts on their's. Once you are accepted as a friend, you can look at all their posts too :p

·
Registered
758 Posts
Facebook

My kids have been after me to join facebook and I almost did and then there was a story on the news how potential employers use it to critque applicants. Reading between the lines and interputing what they read and preceiving it to be somethng it is not has cost some a job opportuity.
With that said I stayed away. Too much electonic itervention is not alway a good thing.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
My kids have been after me to join facebook and I almost did and then there was a story on the news how potential employers use it to critque applicants. Reading between the lines and interputing what they read and preceiving it to be somethng it is not has cost some a job opportuity.
With that said I stayed away. Too much electonic itervention is not alway a good thing.

And that's true, my nephew in the military found that out but because of MySpace - where anyone can do a search to find you.

On Facebook, you're very limited as to how much information/posts you can see on Facebook unless you're a "friend". Besides with many states having open record laws, it's VERY easy to find out information on someone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Facebook

I use Facebook to keep up with my friends and to meet people with shared interests.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
I applied but they turned me down. :shrug: Seriously,

I think my neighbors 15 yo daughter uses it :joke:
psssstttt.... pm me your name/email address... I'll get you in...ssssshhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts