GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://rever.co/ this is not an advertisement. Below is right from their site. Just wondering if anyone uses it.
"Your expensive GPS has met its match. Use the REVER app to record your rides, navigate planned rides and stay connected with your riding community. All of your motorcycling experiences are right here. We’ve built the world’s best motorcycle trip planner, highlighted the best roads so you don’t miss anything good and made it easier than ever to share and manage your rides"

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Reactions: RickLB and CAWing

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was asking if anyone uses it and just posted what they had on their website.
I used it today to track my 170 mile ride. It tracked it perfectly. Next I'll have to make a route and see how it does.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks interesting. Does the map identify when roads turn to gravel? I like knowing before I go too far when the pavement ends. Let us know how you like it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,096 Posts
The free version is just as clumsy as Basecamp (well, not quite...) IMHO...
DAVID

·
Registered
582 Posts
A friend of mine (rides a Harley Road Glide) uses it and seems to like it. He tracks every ride and then goes over the data collected. Seems like it collects such info as elevation changes, time, and distance as well as the route and I think does some graphs. I've never really looked at it myself.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks Rick for the heads up. I like seeing stuff like this. It would be very knowledgeable to everyone I think if administrators would start a new category for new products released in current year. People find cool new stuff everyday and could post it to the site for people to sift through.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Pure advertisement, does not the board collect money for such advertisement? If you do not know where you been, you have more problems then just figuring out how to get to your chosen end stop! Maybe if you rode more and played with computer apps less while you are riding, you may even enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pure advertisement, does not the board collect money for such advertisement? If you do not know where you been, you have more problems then just figuring out how to get to your chosen end stop! Maybe if you rode more and played with computer apps less while you are riding, you may even enjoy the ride!
Not an advertisement at all.
I ride a lot and enjoy my rides but thanks for very informative and ignorant response.
I ride in a direction without worrying about where I am headed for an hour or two then start heading back home on different route. See a lot of interesting things that way. Probably can't find the same route twice without tracking it

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have Rever installed and I use it periodically to find rides. I don't use it while riding because I use a similar app, BikerSOS, which will notify my wife if I have an accident (if I'm within cellular service).

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have Rever installed and I use it periodically to find rides. I don't use it while riding because I use a similar app, BikerSOS, which will notify my wife if I have an accident (if I'm within cellular service).
I'll check out SOS.
I could use the GPS on my bike to track my ride but thought Rever might be interesting since it tracks and shows other rides. Tracked rides can be shared for others to use. I Am going to try using it to plan a ride see how it works.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Not 100% sure but....I believe the Goldwing GPS is automatically tracking your rides so you can check them out later.

Of course, to use that you have to have a Wing WITH a factory GPS....Also, not sure can you transfer them from the GPS to the computer....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
Not 100% sure but....I believe the Goldwing GPS is automatically tracking your rides so you can check them out later.

Of course, to use that you have to have a Wing WITH a factory GPS....Also, not sure can you transfer them from the GPS to the computer....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You can export the track log from the new wing's nav to a USB stick then to a computer.

:doorag:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks interesting. Does the map identify when roads turn to gravel? I like knowing before I go too far when the pavement ends. Let us know how you like it. Thanks.
It lets you pick street, dirt or combo. Also if riders post a track it will say if it is street or dirt or both.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have downloaded it on my phone, but only have perused it lightly. There is another from RoadRunner Travel magazine, which while has a fee, you can track your rides for free (at least for me it works). It also collected this information about your rides.

I do not use stand-alone GPS, relying on the Honda unit (yes I know, limited functionality). Can the Honda unit track our rides? This is the only purpose I see for Rever or RoadRunner apps.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'll check out SOS.
I could use the GPS on my bike to track my ride but thought Rever might be interesting since it tracks and shows other rides. Tracked rides can be shared for others to use. I Am going to try using it to plan a ride see how it works.
Apologies, I forgot to mention that BikerSOS also tracks your rides, and provides a map with a "heatmap" showing your speed and other metrics. Green where you were slowest, red where you were fastest.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I ride a lot and enjoy my rides but thanks for very informative and ignorant response.
I ride in a direction without worrying about where I am headed for an hour or two then start heading back home on different route. See a lot of interesting things that way. Probably can't find the same route twice without tracking it
When you provide a link to something you are involved with is called advertising. If you read what I wrote, hope you can read, I said if you need to record where you have been, you do have problems. If you do not do this, then you don't have a problem and your response was just being or trying to be mean. I have used their software before and it sucks to be kind. Have you used their products before, you never said.

·
Administrator
4,587 Posts
Guys, are we going to have to separate you two?
Play nice...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts