GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I own a duster and I tried it riding one time. It was not long enough in the legs to keep me dry. I stay drier with chaps.

Although wearing my duster and my aussie cowboy oilskin hat makes me feel really cool when I walk into work! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
hobo said:
Dude,
i been to 3 County Fairs & a goat ropin' contest, but i ain't NEVER seen anybody wear a duster on a motorcycle. Not even the HD crowd. Not even @ Daytona or Sturgis. Not to say it ain't been done, i just ain't seen it.
Seems like it wouldn't pack up very well, kinda bulky...............but,
If you like it, wear it. Who knows ya might start a trend? :D
happy trails,
the hobo
I have to admit I did see a guy with a duster and he was on a Hog - looked like carp. But hey they can't help themselves.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Margarita Will wrote:
Do any of you wear a "duster" when you ride?
But Will, if you move to a duster, then we may have to start thinking of you as "Mesquite Will". :banghead:

But, if the tails were flapping around, you'd get plenty of buffeting, or is that buffetting? :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry, call me judgemental and presumptuous, but on the one or two times I've seen any rider wearing one of these the whole scene just screamed: "Look at me, I'm a real Marlboro man and my bike is a modern-day horse. I'm a cowpoke, pardner, rootin-tootin, rough and ready."

In other words, it is to laugh.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
A duster is a good way to conceal a sawed off. You could use it for a blanket when you meet a duster groupie. If you don't change your crush washer, toss the duster underneath for a tune up. If you crashed the bike while wearing it, it would make people laugh, and we all know laughter is the best medicine. I'll quit now.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Margarita Will said:
Do any of you wear a "duster" when you ride?
Haven't tried it on the Wing yet..., down here in Florida, it's too cold if I have to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt... :D

But I do have a Dry-za-bone full length job that I used to wear on the Valkyrie and Intruder. Dont know what brand you have in mind, but with mine (bought it at JR's in Statesville, NC, of all places, a few years ago), you can get a nice insulated liner for those real cold daze.

When you ride, wear what makes YOU feel comfortable. Dont worry about all the naysayers. I love looking at some of the outfits THEY wear that they think is totally practical and functional. I saw one guy on his Wing one day, with one of those puffy white rain suits on, and he looked just like Bip the Michelin Man. :D

Wear what you like, and enjoy your riding. People ride and wear things for different reasons. Dont let anyone try to tell you that their preference is any better than yours.

A duster? Sure..., why not. It'll keep you dry and it'll keep you warm..., and maybe some of those folks who ride that OTHER kind of bike will regard you as a motorcycle-riding enthusiast, rather than a banana-split-eating dork.

Have a blast..., and have a beer... :capwin:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Wingriderz said:
Please. Please can we let this thread die while some of us still have a shred of dignity left as wing riders. I beg you.
Wing riders? Dignity?

Hmmmmmm..., there's an interesting oxymoron. :wink:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Wingriderz said:
BrianH said:
Wingriderz said:
Please. Please can we let this thread die while some of us still have a shred of dignity left as wing riders. I beg you.
Wing riders? Dignity?

Hmmmmmm..., there's an interesting oxymoron. :wink:
I see you are from Kanada and spend part of your time in Flatastan so I dismiss your comments out-of-hand.
Not bad for an ass-felt spectre.

I think we're even... :roll:

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
If ANYONE ever catches me on a motorcycle in a duster, please put me out of my misery!!! Ah heck, if I'm wearing one at all, atleast kick me wear it counts. To each their own, but man............

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Will.congrats,i dont think i have ever seen a post that got the postee heckled by soo many for soo little,WE LOVE YA THOUGH,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm sittin' here with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. You guys are GREAT!

Okay... It looks like a duster is out of the picture.

That leaves me with Aerostich, Motoport or FirstGear/Kilimanjaro...

But I am thinking about starting to routinely post a "Stoopid A$$ Question of the Week" thread...

(Broke Back Mountain II... Ha, ha, ha... You kill me!)

(Does this duster make my a$$ look big?!?!)

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
Wingriderz said:
hossman said:
If ANYONE ever catches me on a motorcycle in a duster, please put me out of my misery!!! Ah heck, if I'm wearing one at all, atleast kick me wear it counts. To each their own, but man............
NO violence. I'll just hold a mirror up so you can see yourself.
Man, i'm already ugly enough. The last thing I need is to see myself wearing a duster. mount up cowboy. hahahahaha

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ohh crap,i just got a picture of that thong :crew: OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I transitioned from horses to motorcycles and, at first, it wasn't an easy transition. But transition I did.
And I don't wear too much of my horse gear any longer when I ride the bike.
The Ariat Buffalo boots are sitting in the garage with a layer of dust on them; my smelly old hats are on a rack.
I still have my Cinch & Wrangler jeans and I could still bulldog a steer (if I really had to). But I won't wear a duster on a Goldwing.

But we did a little trail riding with Dicepilot at the Tn Lunch Run last year. Here's George:

21 - 40 of 57 Posts