GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy a bit of engine noise. Also, I had a person step backward into my path in a parking lot who then said they never heard me. Made me think about how quiet my bike is compared to many others. I am curious if others have similar thoughts?
JB

·
Registered
700 Posts
--

You know, I used to have that problem with my Road Star. But since it has spoke wheels, I solved the problem by using some playing cards that I attached to my fender with some clothes pins. They flick against the spokes so now it sounds real nice when I'm moving. :wink2:

--

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Heard an old Valkyrie with 6 into 6 pipes and it sounded terrific, reminded me of the sound of a Merlin. Always wanted to do that to the Wing but it never happened.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nope and not interested. Had aftermarket dually exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers on my Bronco for years. When they finally gave out. I put original style exhaust back on. I do not need or want the drone of exhaust. And will not follow a loud motorcycle as it gets on my nerves after a few miles. Rather just listen to my tunes.
If you wanted a loud exhaust my suggestion, ride a v4 or a HD, or save the exhaust parts from your wing for when you sell it so the next person can put them back on.
And a wing when mufflers removed is really not that loud of a rumble anyway. More of a loud drone. I know, been there done that. Like half way between a jet engine and a 4 cylinder without exhaust.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
No. Not for me, at all.

On a Wing its usually not about the noise able to be generated.

But each to their own, its their bike.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
no ! The drone now at highway speed is quite annoying.

Reactions: retired_biker

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Quiet and smooth 4 me!

I remember those day with my bicycle, yep just had to have those baseball cards attached with clothpins...NOW "that's a great sound"..I was cool!

Ronnie

·
Registered
612 Posts
I’d like to quieter by removing the 65 to 80 mph drone it now generates now. I’d like it to be like my 08 was, quiet! Although I hardly hear that as I always wear ear plugs, love �� the peacefulness.

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
356 Posts
I enjoy a bit of engine noise. Also, I had a person step backward into my path in a parking lot who then said they never heard me. Made me think about how quiet my bike is compared to many others. I am curious if others have similar thoughts?

JB

Sounds like their problem, not yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
:popcorn:

Will this surpass the 7000 views about modulators?

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
No and H377 NO! Silence is golden, hearing is precious, peace and quiet priceless. One of the few negatives about the 2018 is that it is too loud as compared to previous model. It drones on the freeways. I just do not get the noisy exhaust thing.

prs

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
NO, and you should have told the person not to be stupid and walk backwards in a parking lot, that is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Not no but **** no. The new generation wing is louder by design and I actually wish it were not. I can live with it. LOUD PIPES are the main cause of off road bikes loss of land are riding privileges. I suspect LOUD PIPES are the number one cause of people griping about bikers. Mostly HD riders. So if you are in to the WAY LOUD BIKES you are the problem not the solution.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I ride my 2008 and 2018 on a regular basis and can't say I find the 2018 to be that much louder but I do wear a full face helmet. Personally I find the tone of the 2018 to be rather pleasant and less sewing machine like.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Absolutely NOT!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,531 Posts
I'n not a fan of the louder exhaust. Honda made a mistake with the louder exhaust on this bike and I wish the 2018 sounded like my 2003 did..but that said, the louder exhaust with this bike would be more pleasent without the annoying exhaust drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would not change a thing. From 0 - 100 mph I have no complaints.:biker:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I think the sound is perfect as is, it matches the machine perfectly :grin2:

Reactions: cris nitro
1 - 20 of 58 Posts