GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Honda John,

I had a plan to ride over the Road Apple for the day on Saturday but my 3000 mile last week cost me doing a major "honey-do" list. I am going to have to pass on this one cuz, I can't even get the wife to make it a two up ride.

Scheech

Henry

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Honda John,

I had a plan to ride over the Road Apple for the day on Saturday but my 3000 mile last week cost me doing a major "honey-do" list. I am going to have to pass on this one cuz, I can't even get the wife to make it a two up ride.

Scheech

Henry

How was your trip? We had nice weather on my trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway and at Scooters & Smokers I did put on 2500 miles on the bike and I enjoyed breakfast at Mabry Mill the sweet potato pancakes where real good and the bar-Q at mile post 312 i little store just off the parkway was real good too. The group of guys at Scooters & Smokers was great to meet them just like all of the other ones i have been on from Rides, Trips and Events that are posted on here. You just got to try one and you will be hooked on that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was a great trip. 2881 miles in 7 days. Went down 13 into Del and the Maryland Eastern shore. I hung out with my son in Alma, Ga., rode over to Pensacola to see my old navy buddy (he got old and fat, I don't know what happened to him in the past 38 years:lol: ) and rode through Alabama, up to Tenn to the Cherohalla Skyway. Rode the Dragon up and back, saw the big dam, and then headed home. I passed a few Wings while there, but there were a lot of HD out and a few Can-Am's. I ran into a convoy of seven ZO6's that were straddling the center line during my initial pass on the Tail of the Dragon. Had to grab a lot of brake and downshift. :evil:

I caught a little rain, but a lot of heat and humidity. Over all a great ride.

Henry

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are still hoping to be there .. Just be sure t bring a extra heavy chair.....
Will do bigger the chair the better looks like the same group as the Oyster Festival will be there Rob, Chrissy, Tony and Sarah too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts