GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anywhere in Daytona Area (100Miles) to stay without having to have to go to the bank for a loan. I have a chance to maybe come down on Wednesday, but needs to stay until Thursday to get some work done from a vendor.

Just looking for somewhere to crash, maybe tv, and not have to worry about leaving bike out in the night. She is use to staying in the garage when I am sleeping. :D

Thanks All

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
rooms.......

We used to stay in Ocala about 1 hour ride out of daytona. The econo lodge there was inexpensive and quiet as opposed to just the opposite in daytona beach. Orlando is also about 1 hour ride from daytona as well.
JD

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I was up there yesterday and it looks like a record setter. Usually you need to stay about 45 minutes away to get a decent room and price during this week. For example a room from the 60's (original mattress too) rents year round for $25 per night but it will be full this week for $125 a night and you wont like it. On the positive side we have about a million motel rooms in Central Florida so you will find a place to sleep at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to have a couple of places to go. I will probably head to Daytona First then find be a place to stay. Not sure yet, but thanks for letting me know about the 60s matress. I think they must of been outside here when I threw my old matress away.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I checked the Quality Inn Altamonte Springs. it is available for $69/night and is right off I-4. 50 minutes from the Speedway. If you want a better hotel try TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF at $79/night . About one hour from the speedway and should be very good. It is a Marriott property and is new. This hotel a little harder to find, but not difficult. Book early these prices will be higher in a few days and you can always cancel the day of the reservation. Properties a little north are already full. Good weather has brought out record crowds. I know I was there yesterday. Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish that I did. I could get one, but I was not looking for the tent action this trip. Hey Chef, warming up any? 75 yesterday here and I was stuck into doing yard work. Grrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some riding on Saturday, abnout 75 miles. But I know I had to get some yard work done, so Momma would get off my back. hehehe. Did you get my message I sent ya?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts