GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did the new update and noticed that when listening to my music from CarPlay I can no longer switch from headset to bike speakers. Has any one else experienced this? I have an apple iPhone 7+. Before the update I could switch from headset to bike with no problems now I can’t. Also if I am listening to my music I cannot go back to the fm radio without turning CarPlay off.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I just did the new update and noticed that when listening to my music from CarPlay I can no longer switch from headset to bike speakers. Has any one else experienced this? I have an apple iPhone 7+. Before the update I could switch from headset to bike with no problems now I can’t. Also if I am listening to my music I cannot go back to the fm radio without turning CarPlay off.
It is because CarPlay needs to have BT connected in order to play. With the bike speakers on CarPlay doesn't work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is because CarPlay needs to have BT connected in order to play. With the bike speakers on CarPlay doesn't work.
Even if phone is plugged in to the bike?
So do I have to program the phone to the bike and have it plugged in? I have always turned Bluetooth off on phone when riding before.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Even if phone is plugged in to the bike?
So do I have to program the phone to the bike and have it plugged in? I have always turned Bluetooth off on phone when riding before.
The Bluetooth that is required for Carplay is the bike to a helmet, not bike to cell. If you are using Carplay the phone does not have to be connected by Bluetooth because the phone is plugged in.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The Bluetooth that is required for Carplay is the bike to a helmet, not bike to cell. If you are using Carplay the phone does not have to be connected by Bluetooth because the phone is plugged in.
If I remember right, in the 1st version of the software, if you were connected by being plugged in AND had the iPhone paired to the bike with Bluetooth, it created a conflict. If you are using Carplay, you SHOULD NOT have the iPhone paired to the bike or to the helmet.

To use Carplay, you should only have the helmets paired with the bike.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
If I remember right, in the 1st version of the software, if you were connected by being plugged in AND had the iPhone paired to the bike with Bluetooth, it created a conflict. If you are using Carplay, you SHOULD NOT have the iPhone paired to the bike or to the helmet.

To use Carplay, you should only have the helmets paired with the bike.
In my neck of the woods, the biggest problem IPhone users are having is they are not pairing a headset to the bike first before plugging in their Iphone. A few are also paring the IPhone to the headset.

:doorag:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got it figured out as soon as I paired the phone to the bike it worked. The problem I was having is I could not listen to my music on my phone through the bike speakers only through the head set. Now everything works fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts