GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am tooling down the road, Apple Car Play is up, I am listening to music, all is good! I decide to navigate to “xyz”. I press the “SIRI” switch on my handle bar and say “directions to xyz” and SIRI seamlessly brings up Apple MAP and starts navigating. Work great. I can tell SIRI to go back to my music. I can tell SIRI to go back to my map. Etc. .......

My question – there are many other navigation apps that work with Car Play. Google Maps, Waze, etc. How do you get any of them to work seamlessly with SIRI voice commands, same way SIRI works with Apple MAP?

Do you have to manually start the other apps on your phone first? And put them in voice control mode? And once under way (driving), how can you control the other nav apps via voice (cancel route, change route options, etc.)?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Siri won’t voice command google maps. If you load google maps and hit enter button you should see a microphone button. Press that button to give google map voice commands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
151 Posts
So I am tooling down the road, Apple Car Play is up, I am listening to music, all is good! I decide to navigate to “xyz”. I press the “SIRI” switch on my handle bar and say “directions to xyz” and SIRI seamlessly brings up Apple MAP and starts navigating. Work great. I can tell SIRI to go back to my music. I can tell SIRI to go back to my map. Etc. .......

My question – there are many other navigation apps that work with Car Play. Google Maps, Waze, etc. How do you get any of them to work seamlessly with SIRI voice commands, same way SIRI works with Apple MAP?

Do you have to manually start the other apps on your phone first? And put them in voice control mode? And once under way (driving), how can you control the other nav apps via voice (cancel route, change route options, etc.)?
yeah unfortunately apple is lame and its not possible. they have actually opened this up recently too, that is why you can use voice command in google maps and waze to search for addressess. but they wont let them integrate with siri.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts