GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just posting this info if anyone is interested in a trip. The event runs from 10-14 Aug in a place called Little Orleans, Maryland. Just Goggle "East Coast Motorcycle Rally" - they did call it the East Coast Sturgis for a while.
I did some rides in this area and the roads are really good with a few decent swimming holes. Another good site is called "swimmingholes.org", you just select the state you're interested in and it describes places to swim while out on a ride.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'm just posting this info if anyone is interested in a trip. The event runs from 10-14 Aug in a place called Little Orleans, Maryland. Just Goggle "East Coast Motorcycle Rally" - they did call it the East Coast Sturgis for a while.
I did some rides in this area and the roads are really good with a few decent swimming holes. Another good site is called "swimmingholes.org", you just select the state you're interested in and it describes places to swim while out on a ride.

That's about 12 miles west of Hancock, MD off I-68. Then about 7 miles on Orleans road to Little Orleans. It's right along the Potomac "Potta-Mac" River.

You want a nice ride, from Hancock, MD take US 522 south to Berkeley Springs, WV. Turn right west on route 9 to Paw Paw, WV (great curvy road), will become route 51 when you cross the river then go to Cumberland, MD. Now take I-68 east back to Hancock, MD. Or take the "Old National Pike" back to Hancock.

When in Old Town, MD (on route 51), go into town and take Greenspring road and cross the Low Water Bridge. It's a neat experience.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check out the routes posted. I going to attend the rally and do day rides from there.

Day 1 = head west
Day 2 = head south
Day 3 = head north
Day 4 = flip a coin

going east seems to be traffic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts