GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to the manager (Her name is Candy) at the The Seafood Depot and told her to expect around 30 people at 1 pm on sat. she told me that she would sit you all together. Also found out that jeff(skeeterbeater) and his wife will be attending. hopefully some of you will visit the Ochopee Post Office on U.S. 41, the Nations smallest. I won't be to make it to this event because I have a company function. Please don't feel sorry for me because the function is at the Hutchinson Island Marriott on Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I will miss seeing you all visiting my neck of the woods but when you are eating (the frog legs are great at the depot) I will be fishing in the Atlantic Gulf stream off of Stuart. Have a good time and take pictures. Steve

Attendees:
BrianH plus 1 (with nametags) 2
Jobber Jim -1
herjeff-1
Les F - 1
JohnACman - 1
f6driver & Barbara - 2
Jim Hayward and friend -2
TJRANCH -1 Plus 10 Valks - 11
Fishracer (mike and kris) - 2
HarryCo - 2
3putt- 2
skeeter beeter (jeff & Anita) - 2

·
Registered
418 Posts
Steve, i feel sorry for you because you will miss seeing Kriss and me.:joke::22yikes:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
There has to be something wrong when the guy who organizes the event come up with some lame excuse for not showing up... :wrong:

;)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Have you been talking to him Brian... He asleep.... ;)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frog legs or Sailfish fishing, Frog legs or Marlin fishing, Frog Legs blue tuna fishing. What a choice. But if you recall right after I volunteered to organize this event I found out about my company function (including a fishing trip). Not wanting to disappoint the Goldwing lunch crowd I continued to keep track of the attendance and added and deleted people. I persisted and kept the list up to date. For my effort I deserve the distinguished frog leg award ( with French fry clusters). I know you will have a great time but please drive safe. Brian please save me a name tag in my absenteeism Steve

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve, i feel sorry for you because you will miss seeing Kriss and me.:joke::22yikes:
Mike we will get together soon so I can check out Kriss's wheels

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Brian please save me a name tag in my absenteeism Steve
Sorry..., name tags are for attendees ONLY.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

In fact, I'm doing them right now, since I'll be leaving in the morning for the east coast and some lovely conch stew at Ernie's BBQ in Ft Lauderdale.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
At least Steve knows where the best fishing and food is in Florida - "The Treasure Coast". Stuart is the Sailfish capitol of the world, and with over 300 restaurants, it's the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
746 Posts
There has to be something wrong when the guy who organizes the event come up with some lame excuse for not showing up... :wrong:

;)

:agree: But I sure could find nothing wrong with this get together!
It was a perfect day! The weather, the Temperature, everything!

And of course the people!(now I ain't say'n nothing about perfect, butt the company was real good) It sure is nice to put faces and voices with names of folk I never met in person before, and even better, have a chat with many I haven't seen in, in, in TOO LONG!

Steve I'm afraid you're flat out of luck if you are expect'n some frogs legs! From what I seen we put some serious damage on the Seafood Depot's inventory today! I doubt if any escaped!

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I just got in from the lunch run. 480miles round trip. Got stuck in a mess on I 75 for about 30 min or I would have gotten home sooner.
Good to see everyone and some new faces to put names to. Frog legs were great as well as everything else. Good trip.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hello, This is Mrs.Fish, Those who could not make it to our lunch today really missed out. Gator tail, frog legs, clams and fried oysters where great to. There was some really nice Valkyries there as well you guys gave me some really good ideas for my bike. I had a pleasent chat with Harry and Doreen ( I hope I spelled names right). I really enjoyed your stories on the travels you both have had throughout your life. I really hope to see you both on future lunch meets. TJ don't forget the dog next time I'd like to see him. For Shelly, girl you missed some good food and lots of cool stories. but I forgive you for ditching me.... I hope your move to Daytona goes well and look forward to seeing you also when thing settle for you. Thanks guys for anoother great run. The weather was really nice to.
Kris an Mike :chat: :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Hello, This is Mrs.Fish, Those who could not make it to our lunch today really missed out. Gator tail, frog legs, clams and fried oysters where great to. There was some really nice Valkyries there as well you guys gave me some really good ideas for my bike. I had a pleasent chat with Harry and Doreen ( I hope I spelled names right). I really enjoyed your stories on the travels you both have had throughout your life. I really hope to see you both on future lunch meets. TJ don't forget the dog next time I'd like to see him. For Shelly, girl you missed some good food and lots of cool stories. but I forgive you for ditching me.... I hope your move to Datona goes well and look forward to seeing you also when thing settle for you. Thanks guys for anoother great run. The weather was really nice to.
Kris an Mike :chat: :thumbup:
Glad the food was good. I went back to Corkey Bell's in Patlaka...Lois was not keen on a 4 hour ride South, so I took her to wonderful Patlaka, along with a few other people to enjoy their seafood.

See you in 2 weeks at Stumpknockers..

·
Registered
747 Posts
Great day...got to meet the infamous Skeeterbeater...turns out, we are from the same town, Naples, and him, his wife, my wife and I all grew up in the same area of Pennsylvania. Amazing. Also,the name Skeeterbeater comes from: He works for the Mosquito control department of Collier county; so if you want to know how to rid yourself of mosqitoes, he's your man. It's a small world.

·
Registered
334 Posts
This was our first Florida Lunch Run, and Doreen and I really enjoyed it. We were lucky. We sat at the table with Mike and Kris, and had a great chat about Bikes, Trikes, Trips , Travel, and Fantasy Fest !!!..... For such a young couple they have a lot of good tales to match their experiences.
We look forward to meeting them again.

It was ideal to be able to match the names of many members with faces, and to enforce what we already knew.....that this group has a wealth knowledge, and has many wonderful people that are more like family than friends. Brian gave me lots of advice and info on the GPS that I asked him about, and I am now on the lookout for one like it.

The food was good, weather was just right, and we say thanks to everyone for making us so welcome.

Harry and Doreen.

Hang in there Bev, you can do it !!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Everglades City lunch run. GOOD FOOD (I'm sure Brian left a few peel and eat shrimp on the salad bar for the rest of the crowd), GOOD COMPANY (Harry, I hope your arm heals from that nasty cut. I enjoyed meeting your wife Doreen), GREAT WEATHER (couldn't have asked for better). I did a side trip to the Ochopee Post Office to the east on Tamiami Trail (US 41) and mailed a few souvenir postcards from this "world's smallest post office" at eight feet by eight feet in dimensions. On the way back north, I left the Turnpike at PGA Blvd and dropped in to see Beverly at Heartland @ Prosperity Oaks. She was being wheeled down the hall in her wheelchair with her pet Yorkie on her lap. I had an opportunity to meet Rene who was visiting at the time. I told Bev about our lunch run at the Seafood Depot and hope she'll get a chance, in time, to join us again for another lunch run in the future. Bev says she'll be moving again in about three weeks to another rehab facility in Delray. I wished her the best and parted for home.
Thanks for the camaraderie folks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Jim.
My arm is fine, thank you for the help. Doreen and I enjoyed meeting you, and many of the other people that were at the lunch. It was great.

Glad you got to see Bev on your way back home. I bet that she was real surprised and happy to see you. I will keep in touch with Rene, and see Bev whenever we can, as we only live about 1 hr away, and will be even closer if she does move to Delray.

Harry.

Hang in there Bev, you can do it !!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am glad you all had a great time in Everglades City. As I previously said I had a company function in Stuart that included deep sea fishing. The only problem was that our captain thought the water was to rough for us to go out so we piddled around the shore on a 45 foot boat for 6 hours. I would have rather been with all of you at the depot but such is life. Look forward to the next outing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts