1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally Posted by W1NGin1T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCryder
Yes, I agree, We may just jump in the cage and go look for another place to meet and greet like we did with Dusty and the group.
Any suggestions?
1/2 between You and I for a southern meet?
April some time?
Thanks
Rick

Sounds good....april 4th through the 12th we'll be visiting my mom so anytime after that!:thumbup:

Mark

Consider it done!!!!!
April 18 or 25 Meet and greet again.
Stay tuned for futher details.
Rick:biker::chicken::capwin::beer3::yes::beer2::chef3::chef2:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Souther Va. meet

Roe and I went to the Virginia Diner in Wakefield, food was good, but the waitress stated no way for a Saturday meet the lines are out the door. so this place is out. (very small tables and kinda felt like rush in and out)
Also past a Bar-B-Q place about 5 miles on up the road this place is suppose to be really good, But hard packed gravel parking lot witch is not bad for me, but it was raining and what a mess. Glad we were in the cage.
I saw another place something like a Country Kitchen and I want to go check this place out. It was before the Virginia Diner, and the lot had a lot of cars in it (always a good sign) we will maybe try this place Sunday.
If anyone knows a place speak up.
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
125 Posts
Roe and I went to the Virginia Diner in Wakefield, food was good, but the waitress stated no way for a Saturday meet the lines are out the door. so this place is out. (very small tables and kinda felt like rush in and out)
Also past a Bar-B-Q place about 5 miles on up the road this place is suppose to be really good, But hard packed gravel parking lot witch is not bad for me, but it was raining and what a mess. Glad we were in the cage.
I saw another place something like a Country Kitchen and I want to go check this place out. It was before the Virginia Diner, and the lot had a lot of cars in it (always a good sign) we will maybe try this place Sunday.
If anyone knows a place speak up.
Thanks
Rick
Hi Rick,

Try the Surry house in Surry (great food, good service, normally not to busy). Also, Froggy Bottoms outside of Surry is a neat place to chill. Since Froggy Bottoms is hard to find, I will give you directions on Saturday. The Yorktown Tavern is good. The best time of the year to eat there is now and late fall, otherwise, the place is packed. Last but not least Fred's in Franklin, VA. This place has been around since 1947. I guess he must be doing something right. Beside Fred's is about 6 miles from motorcycle road. Yeah, motorcycle road, 14 miles of sheer riding pleasure.

Of course, there is always the Northern Neck area, the Little Neck area and yada, yada, yada.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Southern meet and greet

Looks like we may have a date 18 April 2009:clap2:

Time somewhere between 10 am and 12 noon (depends on how far some will travel to get their and weather)

We will soon have a place as I have 4 to choose from,
I knew one of you locals would come through
THANK YOU BCH WING:bow:

( I will need a head count of who might be their)

Rick

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like we may have a date 18 April 2009:clap2:

Time somewhere between 10 am and 12 noon (depends on how far some will travel to get their and weather)

We will soon have a place as I have 4 to choose from,
I knew one of you locals would come through
THANK YOU BCH WING:bow:

( I will need a head count of who might be their)

Rick
Rick,
I'm gonna toss a monkey wrench at ja. Last night I was telling my wife of this ride and she mentioned that I have a funeral, sorry wedding, to attend that day. She forgot to put in on my calendar, and I forgot all about it.
How about we do the lunch meet on the 25th? We could pick a spot over towards Danville, Peaks of Otter, Meadows of Dan, or Bedford. Have lunch and ride the Blue Ridge.
We might even get a few mid state fellows to come out and play.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Rick,
I'm gonna toss a monkey wrench at ja. Last night I was telling my wife of this ride and she mentioned that I have a funeral, sorry wedding, to attend that day. She forgot to put in on my calendar, and I forgot all about it.
How about we do the lunch meet on the 25th? We could pick a spot over towards Danville, Peaks of Otter, Meadows of Dan, or Bedford. Have lunch and ride the Blue Ridge.
We might even get a few mid state fellows to come out and play.
The 25th works for us too:thumbup:....beautiful choice beachwing....:bow:Let us know what date....we can not do the 18th.:cry:

Mark

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The 25th works for me too. I have a Blue Knight meeting 18th and we are doing our pre season MC inspections and PLP and shake out ride.
So a vote for the 25 from me.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Harvey (Milbear) How's the wrists...ready to ride???:shrug:

Mark

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
25 April Southern Va. meet and greet

April 25th it is.
Rick

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wrist are getting better, I'm about at 80% flexability, the left is better than the right. I hope to have my bike back by te end of the month. I have to do some riding because I am going to do the 1K Iron Butt 16 May and get my mind / body ready for that. Thanks for asking.

BTW Anyone else doing the IBA / Redwing 19 run???

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Wrist are getting better, I'm about at 80% flexability, the left is better than the right. I hope to have my bike back by te end of the month. I have to do some riding because I am going to do the 1K Iron Butt 16 May and get my mind / body ready for that. Thanks for asking.

BTW Anyone else doing the IBA / Redwing 19 run???
YES :thumbup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
18 April 2009 1100 Freds Restaunt

Here it is::biker:
When: 25 April 2009
Time: 1100 :eat2::eat2:
Where: Freds Restaurant
107 S. Main Street
Franklin, Va. 23581
Phone: 757-562-2919
:agree:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Try the Surry house in Surry (great food, good service, normally not to busy). Also, Froggy Bottoms outside of Surry is a neat place to chill. Since Froggy Bottoms is hard to find, I will give you directions on Saturday.
Bch Wg,
Froggy Bottom appears to be closed. No sign out on VA 31 and security guard at ferry said she heard it had been sold. However there is another restaurant in Surry, other than the Surry House, that has a "20% discount to bikers" sign out front. Restaurant is just east of Surry Court House, in Surry, on VA 10. It is closed on Tuesday. Guess when I was there?

Hope to make it to Fred's on the 18th.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sure wish I could make this trip and meet all of you, but I'll be at Hatteras hopefully catching some fish! I only go twice a year and this is the 25th annual event. Hope you all have good weather.

Joe

·
Registered
317 Posts
The wife and I may have to make a trip north of the border. I will check the calendar and see what plans can be changed.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I don't know If I'll be there ... pretty far south from Stafford, it makes it a 5 hour plus ride round trip and all highway.. I would like to see more than super slab. if I am going to be on a road for over 5 hours. I would rather be doing some nice side roads on a 5 hour ride. Maybe next time it will be closer .. but again I'll have to see..

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:-(

The Admiral has informed me that this is a NO-GO for us, a grandson birthday wins that date and I ain't happy. Those damn things drag oooonnnnnnnnnn and oooooonnnnnnnnnn until I just get annoyed and sneak away. :rolleyes:

Love the grandkids but damn...... ridin' is my thing and I can see grandkids on bad weather days all year round. :rolleyes:

Oh well make sure all y'all enjoy and I'll try next time round.:thumbup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
confirmmed Meet and Greet 25 April 09 1100

This is a :rain1:rain or:sun1: shine, ride:biker: or drive:drive1:, as long as we meet:chat: and have :a13:fun. :flg::capwin::chef2:

:1st:Hokie
2/3 Wingman and Wife
4 Harvey
5/6 W1ngin1t and Elaine
7/8 CCryder and Roe

1 - 20 of 45 Posts