GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a replacement bladder for my aqua aire seat cushion but nobody has one available and Aqua Aire isn't answering E-Mails for anyone. Does anybody know what's going on? Aqua Aire is really a great product.Thanks
jake c

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jake, I have 2 brand new ones if your interested, we can work out a deal.

G

·
jake........Aqua Aire works great. I to had a bladder leak, but they responded, and sent me a new one...no charge.

Would I buy one again....No.

Any cushion that takes on air/water and is sat on many times and is made from plastic/vinyl, will eventuality leak at the seams.

My Aqua Aire served me will, but I just never trusted it 1,000 miles from home were the spare bladder usually is.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
These are great and I too have had two of the bladders leak and that part is a real disappointment.............however, I think I have found the correct way to use the aqua aire. First is that you can only fill the bladder no more than 20-25% and you don;t need more. Any more and you are going to eventually get a leak.

The way to make it last longer is to take the two forward pieces and fold them under the bladder. This will act as something of a surge tank for the times when the bladder is over stressed like when I hit a big bump with my 235 pounds. And seal the fill holes with epoxy.

Since I figured this part out I have had no problems and if it did leak I would buy another one in a second. For 35 bucks you can't go wrong. You could buy from Aqua aire or on Ebay. You tend to think you gotta fill it at least 50% and that is wrong. I got the aqua aire because some clown swiped my 125dollar air hawk seat . cushion . He did me a huge favor. If someone gave me an air hawk or I had to buy an aqua aire, I would give the air hawk away and spend the 35 bucks for the aqua aire Try it you will be very glad. For 35 bucks you can't go wrong. Just remember, no more than 20-25% and fold the two leading edges under.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts