GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an Arai Classic C helmet with the J & M headset installed. I like the helmet, but then I dont like it. And Im not sure why. I 99% of the time have been wearing a half helmet, but wanted a 3/4 helmet also. I dont know if its the snug fit of the Arai, or what. But I have ordered the KBC Tourcomm helmet also to compare it with the Arai, and will send back the one I dont want. I know the Arai is the cadillac of helmets, so that is the one I will probably keep. But I was hoping others have tried out both, or just one or the other, and would give me some feedback on what you like and dont like about them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
On the Arai you can change out the cheek bolsters (?) to different sizes. I do not know about the tourcom. I Wear the Shoei RJ, but next will be Arai.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have several Arai Helmets and a couple of KBC's also. The KBC seems to fit different. If you normally wear a M Arai then order up a L KBC. BTW: I have a large one that is too big for me. :roll: I hate to throw it our but it is just too big.

When it comes down to helmets my best advice is which one fits you the best and is the most comfortable. It is as simple as that.

Report back to us what you find.

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Arai seems to fit people with more oval shaped
heads the best. Try the same size Shoei and see if
it is more comfortable. My son and I wear the same size helmut but his Shoei is not right for me and
my Arai is uncomfortable for him.

Ronnie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts