GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

After a couple hundred miles with my new Arai Signet-GTR helmet I'm pretty pleased. The only problem I've got is that I usually ride with the face shield closed or just barely cracked open and the still air pocket behind my stock windshield keeps the helmet vents from working very well. I get a little buffeting too. When I raise the windshield to reduce the buffeting the vents don't work. When I lower the windshield to help the vents the buffeting gets worse.

Anyone experienced with the combination of an Arai full face helmet and a Windbender shield? I really like the sporty look of the ST model on their website.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

·
Registered
107 Posts
Arai

I ride with the Windshield right in the middle o fmy line of sight. This appears to fix the buffetting issue but also allow the Arai vents to work. Its also a good position to have the windshield and ride with the helmets shield fully up.

dMac

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the same helmet and ride with the windshield all the way to reduce buffeting. The vents don't work behind a windshield. I have worn the helmet on my Harley without windshield and it is an incredible helmet in the open wind. In the summer months on the Goldwing I always ride with the visor open and wear sunglasses. That's the best you can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts