GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Aria must of finally let retailers sell on the web. So I have seen plenty of SZ/C Helmets online and Ebay with the hole in the side for the headsets.

Now my question, if I already have a set of J&M headsets for my SZ/M will they work some how on the SZ/C? Does the cable just plug into the helmet or somthing?

I looked on the J&M site and could see nothing about it?

TIA,
John

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
JJR said:
I see that Aria must of finally let retailers sell on the web. So I have seen plenty of SZ/C Helmets online and Ebay with the hole in the side for the headsets.

Now my question, if I already have a set of J&M headsets for my SZ/M will they work some how on the SZ/C? Does the cable just plug into the helmet or somthing?

TIA,
John
My M model uses the clamp on type, The C model uses the J&M’s Integrated Headset type. I tried to modify the clamp type without success. The C model headset goes thru the hole with plastic nut on outside. I can take picturs later if that would help.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jolly Jim said:
JJR said:

TIA,
John
My M model uses the clamp on type, The C model uses the J&M’s Integrated Headset type. I tried to modify the clamp type without success. The C model headset goes thru the hole with plastic nut on outside. I can take picturs later if that would help.
No I suspect that you may have misunderstood my question. I have the J&M headset on my SZ/M, since my helmet is just about at the end of it protective life (5 years) I have been looking at the SZ/C I see that I can buy them online not from J&M at a pretty good price.

As you know the C already has the hole in the side of the helmet, but that is all I know as I have not see one in person. Inside of that hole is there already a plug for the J&M Cable that comes from the bike? Or is it just a hole and I have to buy parts?

I have looked on the J&M Site and really have not seen the parts I would need to make it work. My present hedset speakers are fine, but I wonder if they will plug into the new set up, also another thing, I do not know if I can buy a mike that would be made for the C sepreatly ?

TIA and Happy Holidays,
John

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
JJR said:
No I suspect that you may have misunderstood my question. I have the J&M headset on my SZ/M...
He understood your question. Your SZ/m headset will install on the SZ/c in exactly the same way as on your M, but it will not install in that hole on the side. That requires J&M's clampless integrated headset for the SZ/c - $250. Check the link below. If your current headset has 8 pins in the helmet connector, you can use the cord set that you already own. If not, you'll need a new upper and lower cord, too.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp ... ICD584-AOF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts