GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Betty's family reunion weekend and we got a house full of relatives .
This is your chance John to tie score again .

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Don't think we will be able to make this RTE. Would love to get up in that area again. Been awhile. Plus it looks like a very nice place with a great view.

I also heard of another place I would like to try in that area. Anyone ever heard of Buck Knuckles in Praag on Hy 88. Some were between Cream and Gilmanton. I was told its a place to check out. Middle of no where, great food and very interesting in side. Sounds like if it not bolted down it welded to something and stuck on the wall.

Lee

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can make it! See you there.
I just got back tonight from the Greenwood rally. Was yours the yellow wing with the sidecar, that I parked by at Hanson's? The place was packed so I looked and asked around. Sorry I couldn't find you. If you were able to make it, it should be like the Jersey's ride where Curtis didn't see my bike but we were both there. Jwen ruled points count. Jwen: Judge's ruling, please. The pulled pork on the patio was as awesome as the view! I will catch up with you at a future RTE maybe a pie night.
John

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't think we will be able to make this RTE. Would love to get up in that area again. Been awhile. Plus it looks like a very nice place with a great view.

I also heard of another place I would like to try in that area. Anyone ever heard of Buck Knuckles in Praag on Hy 88. Some were between Cream and Gilmanton. I was told its a place to check out. Middle of no where, great food and very interesting in side. Sounds like if it not bolted down it welded to something and stuck on the wall.

Lee
Let's work something out on a Buck Knuckles RTE. Sounds fun. I'll be gone next weekend on a Washington Island Ride & Camp. Let's work up some dates!
John

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

Lee
Unreal ,
I do not know where Praag ,Cream , or Gilmanton is off top of my head .:shock:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
John did you ride through Fox Lake yesterday around 12:20???????

I was sitting at the Kwik Trip and a black wing pulling a Bunkhouse road by. Sure thought it was you.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Unreal ,
I do not know where Praag ,Cream , or Gilmanton is off top of my head .:shock:
It is south east of Nelson........
Couple of ways to get there from Nelson. Hy 35 south of Nelson and HY 88 north to Praag.
Or you can get to it HY35 south to HY37 and a few county roads east to HY88. I believe the county roads are N and possible T all east to HY 88.
June and I rode Hy 88 south to the Great River RD a few years ago nice ride ......... but the way it sounds the Buck Knuckle bar and grill was not around then.

Maybe a ride over after the Stone Barn Pizza ride?

Lee

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John did you ride through Fox Lake yesterday around 12:20???????

I was sitting at the Kwik Trip and a black wing pulling a Bunkhouse road by. Sure thought it was you.
Jwen,
I don't have a bunkhouse, just a HF cargo trailer. Besides at 12:20 I was on the detour for Hwy 93 near Arcadia, headed for Hanson's.
John

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couple of ways to get there from Nelson. Hy 35 south of Nelson and HY 88 north to Praag.
Or you can get to it HY35 south to HY37 and a few county roads east to HY88. I believe the county roads are N and possible T all east to HY 88.
June and I rode Hy 88 south to the Great River RD a few years ago nice ride ......... but the way it sounds the Buck Knuckle bar and grill was not around then.

Lee
Lee,
That sounds like a great idea. Eleanore and I want to sign on. Saturday, when Matt and I were riding through Wabasha, he was really talking up The National Eagle Center. Ever been there? It sounds like Buck Knuckles is not far from the kool new winery they built south of Alma, on the bluff east of 35, overlooking the Mississippi River. I googled it. It's Danzinger Winery.

John

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Jwen,
I don't have a bunkhouse, just a HF cargo trailer. Besides at 12:20 I was on the detour for Hwy 93 near Arcadia, headed for Hanson's.
John
I was at Hanson's yesterday from 1:00 til about 2:00. Had my days mixed up. That's the way it is for us retired people. Days and dates aren't as important as they used to be. My daughter lives in Independence. Met her at the Kwik Trip in Arcadia. Due to the way the weather looked we left my bike there and took her car to Hansons.
Daughter took my picture but I don' know how to post it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was at Hanson's yesterday from 1:00 til about 2:00. Had my days mixed up. That's the way it is for us retired people. Days and dates aren't as important as they used to be. My daughter lives in Independence. Met her at the Kwik Trip in Arcadia. Due to the way the weather looked we left my bike there and took her car to Hansons.

Ken,

Email the picture and I'll try to post it for you.

Is the road open through Independence yet? I stopped at Hanson's 2 weeks ago and what a pain to get around Independence with the bridge out. I hope your daughter lives on the south side of town for getting to school (if she is teaching summer school).

[email protected]

Scott...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The road isn't open yet. My daughter told me to take Hwy Q not QQ to get across the river. That worked good but there was some gravel on the curves. She lives on the wrong side of the river so this I the road she uses. Enjoyed eating at Hanson's. A little pricey, but had a very good bacon cheese burger with curley fries. They definitely cater to bikers. Parking lot is full of pucks to put under your side stand and the lot is paved.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

Lee
Sure enough that now all rings a bell . I knew I heard of the town of Cream , but just could not place it :thumbup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Here's your picture Ken. I've sat next to your buddy there a few times myself. Hope you ate outside to enjoy the view.

JDBRider.jpg

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Sorry I missed you Ken. The scenery was prettier than me anyway. I'll have to start posting the DAY and date for us mature fellows. Did you try the food :thumbup:? I have a few pictures to post also.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sorry I missed you Ken. The scenery was prettier than me anyway. I'll have to start posting the DAY and date for us mature fellows. Did you try the food :thumbup:? I have a few pictures to post also.
There were bunch of bikes there. I picked out the Wing riders and talked to them for a while. The one guy visits the board sometimes. He asked about the Dells get together. I told him it is a fun time so maybe he will check it out. Daughter and had bacon cheeseburgers and curly fries. They were good. We sat outside til the wind and rain started. We had some good Dad and Daughter time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts