GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it we are the only biker outfit that never has anything to do with hot women? They finally put at least a decent woman on a calender and some stuck up bitch throws a fit. I don't understand why people that want comfort have to be considered OLD AND NO FUN. GWRRA helps make everyone fit in that catagory. Contest at shows are how slow you can go, women have to wear more clothes just to ride than I wear when its snowing and when a good looking gal does ride looking good everyone bitches LOL I still like them as close to naked as I can get em. Ron

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Ron - generalizations are often a bad idea and I think is wrong to judge the entire GWRRA which has over 75,000 members on the basis of 1 person's rather extreme views. Obviously that person doesn't speak for the rest of us and it was just that, one (1) persons view. I suspect most of the people who saw that calender didn't have problem one with it and enjoyed it with no negative reaction whatsoever, and in fact quite the contrary.

My experience with the GWRRA over the past 20 months has been extremely positive and I've met some extremely nice, intelligent, personable people who love motorcycling. Obviously, the personality of each GWRRA chapter will vary by the people who elect to participate just like any organization, but I've visited quite a few different chapters and haven't found any that didn't have or provide a lot of fun for those that participated.

DaleC

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like Jeff Foxworthy says,

Why Can't Women Figure Out Men?

Men Want Two Things:

Men want beer and men want to see women naked!

How hard is this?

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
thats the way current life in the states is, a couple do all the speaking for the large group. look arround you, you will see it every day. why does this single example shock anyone.

i personaly extract any useful benifits and info out of the situation, and dont really worry about the hype. if someone wants to see scantly clothed young women, drive by the high school.

loren

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh, by the way, Dale you really need to lighten up a little. Were you my ninth grade shop teacher?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oops,

I forgot motorcycles! OK here we go, men want three things; Men want beer, men want to see women naked and men want to drive the most exciting, way cool, buckets of torque motorcycle in the world. You know the Triumph 2300. Just kidding! Real men want a GL1800!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
ohh, better be careful here.. :eek:4: ...I understand all those "type riders" are pak'n iron...ride and shoot...shoot and ride :22yikes:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
in reference to the real men

i cant disagree with many mens ideas

i for one am ablout the only person from wisconsin who doesnt drink, i dont care to see made up bimbos on calendars==after all i have tv channels that can fill that need if a person wants, and i have for the last two years owen an st1100, somewhat of a guided missle if you choose.

i guess i dont fit the mold, except that i enjoy a comfortable, dependable, and safe ride on my goldwing. the beer, the raceing, and the calendars ill leave for some one else.

loren

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
No, GWRRA isn't made up of mostly gay people. But it's probably a little more family friendly than most other biker clubs. More Goldwing riders ride with their better halves on the back seat. And their better halves are more likely to be into the 'whole scene'. I realize this is a generalization, so there will be many exceptions you can cite. Besides, what's so bad about treating a woman with a little dignity and respect, anyway?

My take on it is this: if Harley riders really cared about their women, they wouldn't make them ride on the back of a Harley!

John

·
Registered
703 Posts
High 5s to Son of Thunder. Thanks for your post.

Not to blast some of the post on this subject, but there are more to women the naked bodies; did you now that?

I am thrilled and ready to show-off my spouse on the back of my yellow wing--fully clothed. Thank goodness I am growing old with her and it's wonderful. We even think alike--she loves to ride as I do.

God made woman beautiful, especially naked. But look deep, the beauty is in the inside. Please, let's keep our postings to reflect our intellegence.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I won't speak for GWRRA members since I ain't one, but speaking for Gold Wing riders in general, let's bring back the traditional meaning of "gay": "happily excited, merry, keenly alive and exuberant; having or inducing high spirits" (Merriam-Webster's 11th Collegiate Dictionary). I think that fits Gold Wing riders pretty well!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Patriot said:
Not to blast some of the post on this subject, but there are more to women the naked bodies; did you now that?
Yeah, buit we gotta put up with that to get to the "naked" part. :lol:

Sorry, the thread was just gettin' too mushy. Now if Lazygirl reads this I'll have to sleep on my stomach tonight. :oops:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
A few folks complained about the 'sexy photos' on the calendars. Kripes the girls were fully clothed, no T&A hanging out

I noticed that one fellow had his name with-held in the GWRRA mag while complaining.

Takes some big balls to complain anonymously

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
pilotlooking said:
Why is it we are the only biker outfit that never has anything to do with hot women?
Actually, members of GWRRA have plenty to do with hot women. You see, with a bike like the Goldwing, we're able to go find our own hot women, and don't need to settle for looking at pictures them.

John in Vegas

G

·
0 Posts
pilotlooking said:
Why is it we are the only biker outfit that never has anything to do with hot women? They finally put at least a decent woman on a calender and some stuck up bitch throws a fit. I don't understand why people that want comfort have to be considered OLD AND NO FUN. GWRRA helps make everyone fit in that catagory. Contest at shows are how slow you can go, women have to wear more clothes just to ride than I wear when its snowing and when a good looking gal does ride looking good everyone bitches LOL I still like them as close to naked as I can get em. Ron
Actually a couple of years ago on the GWRRA message board a fellow called Mausey was complaining that GWRRA wouldn't consider him and his back seater and COMPANION? Scooter for couple of the year since they weren't male and female. Maybe GWRRA should consider it for if they are still snuggled up on the Wing, since the way things are going now they are probably married.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dude! Statistics dictate that at least 10% of us are not gay. I’m not, that increases the odds that you are. Are your sure about yourself? I hear some lock themselves in the closet and forget where they are!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Rocket Wing said:
Dude! Statistics dictate that at least 10% of us are not gay. I’m not, that increases the odds that you are. Are your sure about yourself? I hear some lock themselves in the closet and forget where they are!
Rocket Wing...you are to funny :clap2: provided a good laugh this moring over coffee. But, seriously, I'm not...so there goes those percentages again! 8)

·
Registered
170 Posts
How do I say anything on this subject without offending anyone? I apologize to anyone who may not like/agree with my comments. I looked at the calendar. I like women clothed or unclothed. I do not care what anyone thinks when my S.O. and I are out enjoying eachother on the bike. In my sad feeble mind too many people are hung up about how "they" look or how they are percieved by others. DILLIGAF. Thanks for letting me vent that. Ride and enjoy riding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts