GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the HDL parts fiche and found that the Honda part numbers were different between the 01 thru 03, and the 04 thru present. And I have seen folks selling seats that list for 01-03 or 04-present. But I cannot see any difference between the seats or mounting parts. As all the mounting parts are numbered the same. is it just different padding or vinyl?
I am curious as I just purchased a Hartco seat from a friend at work. He had bought it for a 2005, his wife didn't like it, so I got it from him. It appeared to install and fit the same as my OEM seat on my 2003. I guess I am just a little curious and concerned. I have not ridden on it yet due to the weather. Gotta do something if I can't ride. Might as well be asking dumb questions. :oops: Bill

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just a difference in the issue of the microfiche

Never a dumb question...

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
As far as fit, they are all the same. They had a "basket weave" design on some colors in '04 and '05. The '06 and '07 offered heated seats.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
So does that mean that if I pick up an 06 or 07 heated seat it will fit on my 05? (I realize I would have to figure out the wiring... )

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, Man, is it nice to have a place to go when questions arise.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
All 1800 seats are interchangable. The only diff is the heated parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts