GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HJC flip front helmet, and I really like the functionality of it, but in the wind it is horribly noisy. Does anyone make one that is quieter?

If I have my head tucked in behind the shield it's alright, but pop up, or in a cross wind and you can't hear the speakers in the intercom.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My KBC is significantly quieter then my HJC Symax was.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I finally dumped my very noisy HJC flip helmet and bought a Shoei Syncrotech about a year ago!

Much Better wind noise wise!

I apparently did an excellent job of installing the J&M headsets as I now have the best sound I have ever had in a helmet. Only downside to the Syncrotech is there is limited room between my face and the chin bar for the microphone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a Nolan flip front. With all the extras built in (Tinted upper that is seperate from the clear shield) it is the nicest helmet I have ever worn including my Arai and Shooei.

As far as quiet, when I have the satelite radio on just a tad. I hear very little wind noise.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
stevep714 said:
I have a Nolan flip front. With all the extras built in (Tinted upper that is seperate from the clear shield) it is the nicest helmet I have ever worn including my Arai and Shooei.

As far as quiet, when I have the satelite radio on just a tad. I hear very little wind noise.
Loren and I both have these - Nolan 42, both with J&M headsets... very very quiet. I really like the tinted shield on top.

·
Registered
115 Posts
teepee said:
I have a HJC flip front helmet, and I really like the functionality of it, but in the wind it is horribly noisy. Does anyone make one that is quieter?

If I have my head tucked in behind the shield it's alright, but pop up, or in a cross wind and you can't hear the speakers in the intercom.
The Nolan works good, but I remove that external sunshade that have on the latest models. With the sunshade on the helmet, It can be a bit noisey during crosswind riding.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
My HJC is really quiet; I left it in the bedroom one night and it didn't make a sound.

When I wear it, I wear earplugs --- on account of all the wind noise.
But the helmet is quiet...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have the HJC Symax. I find that it's actually quieter at highway speeds with the face shield open about an inch. The headsets sound great, though.. You gotta remember to get those speakers setting right next to your ear canals. It's like a walkman headset, only the position right over the ears will work properly. Even a little off and it won't work. Take those pads that came with the helmet, put some velcro on them, and sew the speakers into them. The velcro the pads back into the helmet, and that ought to put them in just about the right place. Works for me, YMMV.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.