GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 Dark Matalic Orange Goldwing with airbag, navigation and ABS. My question - Are the four buttons under the Nav display lighted? The buttons are called:
Display, Info, Trip and Dim. Also the seat and handgrip heater adjustable switches are not lighed. All the rest of the switches are lit. My dealer said the switches are not supposed to be lit up and another dealer said they are. I really do not feel like taking the dash board apart to check this out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don't know about your 07 but the three on my 05 are not. Kind of a pain. I don't know why Honda did not light them. They are hard to find in the dark.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info - I really did not feel like taking the dashboard apart for nothing. I placed a small strip of foil tape on top of the Nav display visor and some of the light reflects back on these switches at night. Its not great but at least I can find the switches at night.

·
Registered
472 Posts
No, the are not lighted. I agree they're not that easy to find at night but I think the reason they are not lighted is that they would reflect off the windshield and be very distracting.

Chris

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Cliflyri said:
No, the are not lighted. I agree they're not that easy to find at night but I think the reason they are not lighted is that they would reflect off the windshield and be very distracting.

Chris
I figuredthat out when I got the chrome thing to go around the key switch. I imagine I'll have the same problem when I switch to my new Tulsa stock-style replacement - off will come the chrome thing.

You get use to where the buttons are and you don't have to look anymore.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Like Weikosteve said, take some reflective tape (white preferred). Then take a hole punch (single hole type preferred) and make some small round dots from the tape. Put one on each button. There's usually enough reflected light around to see them. Once you train yourself wherer they are, you find them without looking.

Wish they were lighted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts