GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a long trip back home from Gainesville today. We were in pretty good shape waiting it out until lightening hit the gas station. I had a wifey meltdown. We were back on the road in two hours, soaking wet. Boy that ABS works great on wet roads.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hope you made it through safe...good job stopping to let that mess pass you by...your sweety looks like she's enjoying herself.. :22yikes:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Alright Jan!

Weather was pretty bad here today too :lol:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Jan,

She should be happy. She could have been caught riding in the middle of nowhere when the rain and lightning started. Bonus: Nothing and nowhere to stop for the next 100 miles! :shock:

I would be sitting down with a nice cup of coffee and a piece of pie. Maybe write a couple post cards.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jan,you are lucky you are married to a lady and she kept all her fingers down on the jacket when you took the pics.John

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Gee.... lightening hits the gas station and she has a melt down? :shock: That sure would get yer attention in a hurry!

I would have wet my pants and nobody would have known

At least the bike is broken in on bad weather now.

take care

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Polecat was right, trouble just follows you around. :lol:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
On our recent trip my honey saw some extremes. However, we are taking off on another trip through the northwest this Thursday. I guess she likes it as much as I do.

Rain and 50 degrees in Minnesota:

45 degrees over Beartooth Pass:

Death Valley 6 days later:

She's a keeper!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jfrazsr said:
Jan,you are lucky you are married to a lady and she kept all her fingers down on the jacket when you took the pics.John
Now, that's funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ShermanJ said:
Jan,
Which model GPS are you using? I like the weather map.
It's the 376C. I love it. There is a $39 monthly subscription but, it is worth every penny here in Floriday. It has saved me many times.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Jan, looks like your having the same problem with your new wing that I have had with mine. Road Kawi Voyagers for years and no real problems with rain, now with a new wing this year every time sweety and I take off on a trip we end up with a day or two of heavy rain or at least a down pour or two. It's starting to look like this is the proper way to break in a new wing, drown it a few times before it's completely broken in? Hope next season is better and mine doesn't need to get drowned any more.

G

·
0 Posts
richard h said:
She should be happy. She could have been caught riding in the middle of nowhere when the rain and lightning started. Bonus: Nothing and nowhere to stop for the next 100 miles!
Please don't think me to be a coward but I'll leave explaining that to her to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts