GL1800Riders Forums banner

Areopegs.....

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  pawpawfrank 
#1 ·
........What ever happened to them?

I recently saw them on someone's wing and then hit the internet to find them. I can't find anyone selling them and all the old post on here are from two years ago.

Anyone know where I can find a set?

#3 ·
Thanks! Thats a step in the right direction. Website says the "Look for the return of the AeroPeg™soon."

Next question: Any body know what the story is here? How long they have been idle? Is this one of those things where I go back to that site in 6 months or a year and it says the same thing?

Just wondering if I shouldn't get my hopes up. Figures that when I finally find a peg that I like it wouldn't be available.

#4 ·
At this point, the best you can do is keep your eyes on the classifieds. Last word was the manufacturer was making modifications to the peg portion and would re-introduce when that was completed.

Traxxion (where I bought mine) had a sample on their machine shop display when I was there a few months back, but don't believe they can sell them anymore.

Good Luck

#5 ·
Dan at Motovation Cycles told me Traxxion was making them and for some reason stopped marketing them, Dan's bike has a set of them and I really liked them.I'd love to have a set of them too.

#6 ·
Lucky Me

This is one of those rare times when I was able to get a pair of these Aero-pegs when they first came out. For me these have really worked out well. I think they look the best of all the different pegs out there and they do not take away from the lines on the wing. I have no idea why they have stopped making them. They were a bit on the expensive side but well worth the money IMHO. Like almost everyone that owns a bike, I have dropped the bike in the garage with the pegs out and they folded up just as they should with no damage either to the pegs or to the engine case.
Hopefully they will start making them again real soon.

Have a great day, Phil

#7 ·
There was a guy from the DFW area at the Harrison ride last year who had these pegs. He inadvertently checked his bank angle sensor in the Days Inn parking lot and one of the pegs poked a rather large hole in his valve cover. Not a pretty sight to see a wing on it's side and oil running down the parking lot. I don't know if he still uses those same pegs or not. If not he may have a slightly used set for sale. I am sure someone will come along with a name soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.