GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood this weekend (and according to my odo, I traversed nearly 700 miles of it :biker: ). I saw many bikes and lots of Wngs doing the same thing!

Regarding Arizona bike week (end of March), are there any plans for the Goldwingers around here getting together? I've been here for bike weeks in the past, and it seems that it's mostly people getting on their bikes (non-Wings), driving to one of the many bars in Scottsdale, spending the entire day/night there, and then driving home.

Anyone up for a Goldwing get together, and actually ride someplace?

Maybe we could ride en masse up Scottsdale road? LOL!

Mike :s13:

G

·
0 Posts
bikeweek

hey mike, i'm in! this is about the only reason i can think of for riding to snottsdale!! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark,

Did you get any riding in this weekend?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
well I'm for getting together and riding anytime :D From past experience the AZ bike week seems to be mostly geared to V twins and heavy drinking. Not too much at the vendor area except leather.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
good to read you guys are riding in AZ....... I am sitting in Tennessee this week.

it was 38 today , 21*F on the drive back to the hotel from our son's place.

on the flip side we have met and held our new grand kids. We took our older grand daughters shopping today. It was a great day!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I managed to get out for a short 106 miles today...I know it wasn't much but it was better than nothing! I left the house and the temperature on the bike's thermometer was 65 degrees. The warmest I saw was 72 and that was on the 202 San Tan Loop.

A group ride for bike week sounds great to me. There is also a gentleman from Chicago that keeps a GL1500 down here that is supposed to be coming to town in February or March. How about it Larry, care to join in?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tony in AZ said:
good to read you guys are riding in AZ....... I am sitting in Tennessee this week.

it was 38 today , 21*F on the drive back to the hotel from our son's place.

on the flip side we have met and held our new grand kids. We took our older grand daughters shopping today. It was a great day!
Glad to hear you are able to spend time with the family, that beats out anything!

Just remember:

" Don't move to Arizona. Danger. High Heat. Low pay jobs. BAD drivers. Danger! Stay away. High insurance rates. VERY Dirty air.... RUN from Arizona, save yourself ! "

LOL! :lol:

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
See the post from Matt Caswell on the "Rides" board for the big ride coming up in April.

If you want something smaller and less formal just post your plans on the ride board and those of us near you will join up.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yesterday was 25F. in the Garden State. Did about 150 miles. Life is great here. Can't wait until July when the riding here is great and you guys feel like fried eggs.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
new jersey lefty said:
Yesterday was 25F. in the Garden State. Did about 150 miles. Life is great here. Can't wait until July when the riding here is great and you guys feel like fried eggs.
Never figured out why Joisey is called the Garden State. After having lived there, briefly, it seems much more likely it would have one of the following nicknames:

1) Chemical State.
2) Crowded State.
3) MegaTaxes State.
4) Bathroom to New York State.
5) Pass-Thru State (to be shared with Delaware).
6) Mob's Favorite State.
7) Toll Booth State.
8) More-cops-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at State.
9) I-Can't-Wait-To-Escape State.
10) Hoffa Lying-In-State State.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Tuna,
All you say may be true, although, we are the largest producer of blueberries and second largest producer of cranberries in the world. We don't have high water usage crops as Az. does. And besides, we have our own water. I have lived in Phoenix twice for two short periods. Last fall I was in PHX. It was the first time that I saw big flashing signs saying something about a bad day to be breathing.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
spent four years just south of Jersey going to school, the four worst years of my life weatherwise in the summer. Made me fully appreciate how nice it is here in the summer, and then there's winter :D

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
new jersey lefty said:
It was the first time that I saw big flashing signs saying something about a bad day to be breathing.
Unlike New Joisey, which has no mountains to trap air, we are in a basin like El A and during periods of no wind tend to get dusty and smoggy. However, we have few, if any, toxic locations like the National Lead Company's plant near South Amboy where I lived.

If only all you guys from elsewhere would just go back to where you came from our air would once again be pristine.

Oh...wait.....that would mean my house wouldn't have quadrupled in value over the last 15 years. .......never mind....... 8)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree with the Oldguy about Bike Week, but always up for a ride. Went to Wickenburg Sunday for breakfast, about 55 degrees when I left the house. Not much traffic.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Arizona Bike Week

Got in 225 miles on Saturday and 150 on Sunday....absolutely beautiful riding weather. Noticed many more riding on Sunday but partly becuase we rode to Bartlett Lake via New River and Cave Creek. Had to be 50 bikes at the Java house and many others at the various bars.

Like the idea of a mass ride to AZ Bike Week, perhaps the only way to get them to realize there are many different makes, models and riders here in AZ. Would be pretty cool if the event management could create a more inclusive of all event...but I understand they are looking at the HD draw and dollars.

Put out a meeting spot and I'll/we'll be there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts