GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of us are about to embark on 4 or 5 days in Arkansas and would like to re-ride Arkansas 123 in the Mt Judea to Lurton area.

Since I don't remember how I got there before, I/we need some help on the best way to get to 123 from the north. We will be coming from Eureka Springs to Harrison and will be headed down AR-7. My inclination would be to take AR-74 east out of Jasper to county road 84 to 123 and then down to Lurton and onto AR-7 again. My concern is I know some (a lot?) of these roads are gravel so is that a reasonable route?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Take HWY 65 south out of Harrison. Just a few miles south of Harrison HWY 123 will be on the right. Turn right and it will take you right down to Mt. Judea and on to Lurton. Or you can take HWY 7 south out of Harrison to Lurton, turn left onto HWY 123 and northeast up to Mt. Judea and on to HWY 65, then you can turn left and go back up to Harrison. ;)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
Two of us are about to embark on 4 or 5 days in Arkansas and would like to re-ride Arkansas 123 in the Mt Judea to Lurton area.

Since I don't remember how I got there before, I/we need some help on the best way to get to 123 from the north. We will be coming from Eureka Springs to Harrison and will be headed down AR-7. My inclination would be to take AR-74 east out of Jasper to county road 84 to 123 and then down to Lurton and onto AR-7 again. My concern is I know some (a lot?) of these roads are gravel so is that a reasonable route?

Thanks!!
AR-74 East out of Jasper will work ... just stay on it until it junctions with Hwy 123. Then turn right and have some fun... :lol:

And if you have not done the South portion of 123 ... it is well worth the time. Take hwy 7 South and turn right/West on hwy 123 at Pelsor.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts