GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My wife and I will be in Eurecka Springs the last week in October . We will trailer the bike to Eurecka Springs and ride from there. What are the best rides and places to go while there. Would love to meet up ,make new friends and perhaps go for a ride while there. We also plan on staying at Mt. Magazine and then doing the Queen Wilhelmina parkway .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Beaver bridge

While in euraka, go north from town on Hwy 23, a few miles, turn left on 167 to the little town of Beaver...there you will cross a one lane suspension bridge...you will love it. Then just contienue on 187 which will take you back to Hwy 62 west of Euraka, and head back to town..a great side trip on the way back is to see and cross over the Beaver lake Dam.
then coming from Euraka towards Mt. Magazine, take hwy 23 south, known as the PIG TRAIL. down to Ozark on I-40
HAVE FUN...THERE IS A LOT MORE TO DO IN ARKANSAS AND MILES TO RIDE!!!
KEEP IN TOUCH
SANTA ALAN
RUSSELLVILLE, AR.:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arkansas ride

Thanks Santa, I will difinately take that ride to the town of Beaver. I hope the fall colors are good during that week.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I ride NW Arkansas a lot. Be sure to stop at "The Cliff House" (Hwy 7 south of Jasper) and have a meal. Great view great food and a great place to stay.. Also ride 123, Be sure to ride thru Jasper, Ponca and Boxley to see the Elk. I would also be sure to visit Oark, and eat at the oldest operating general store in Arkansas enter off Hwy 23 on the west side or from the south on 103. The road from the east is gravel.

Mt. View is also a great place, they play music on the weekend downtown on the square. So many places, and so many great roads.

I will also be in NW Arkansas the last week in Oct. Just not sure of the date right now...

Smitty

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Take 23 all the way to Fort Smith. Nice ride.

·
Registered
440 Posts
we have res.. for the week of 10-10 thru 10-16 in Branson an Eureka Springs to see the Passion play..doing some great day rides around local...on the way back down the west side or ark..to Mena to ride the sky way...counting down the days..cant wait.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Loren (i think it was him) posted that the flood got the bridge at beaver. Has it been repaired?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks Loren. Maybe It was an old post. Age is getting me at times. LoL

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks Santa, I will difinately take that ride to the town of Beaver. I hope the fall colors are good during that week.
if you go out of Eureka Springs on Main (hwy 23) on the way to the bridge; on the right side of the road is Gaskins Cabin, pretty fair steak,
http://www.gaskinscabin.com/

in Eureka Spring on the old town loop is Ermilo's Italian Cafe, very good.
http://www.ermilios.com/

Some one mentioned the Cliff House
http://www.cliffhouseinnar.com/
and the Oark General Store

; we like them both; I think Loren likes the cafe in Downtown Jasper better.

We will be there in 3 Weeks and 3 days; not that I am counting or anything.

The Bridge over Beaver lake

·
Registered
56 Posts
Riding in North West Ark.

Plenty of great rides. In the area from 23 south to The Pig Trail (make sure you eat at Rivertown BBQ in Ozark). In Kingston there is a General Store but if you need to use the rest room get ready for a double seat out house. Take hwy 7 south from Harrison to Jasper in Jasper take 123 south (great road sharp turns) it comes back out on hwy 7 26 miles south of Jasper. 16 hwy east from 7 back to 23 is also a great road. Roaring River near Cassville Mo is a nice little ride and good place to sit and eat a picnic lunch. The only thing I would avoid is Branson on weekends because of the traffic. Silver Dollar City might be something you would check out also.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW!! A lot of great suggestions that I will follow up on. I am also counting the days. Can't wait !!!!!!!:excited:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,878 Posts
Very good suggestions!

I live in the Arkansas River Valley. It takes me about 30 minutes to get into the mountains.

I don't know yet what my plans are for that time, but I'm retired so most of the time it is very flexible.

If you want someone to show you around for a day, send me a pm with more specific information, I will try to make it work.

Hope you have a great time ... just made a run to Eureka Springs and back yesterday, had a great ride. The weather is finally giving us some go riding days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We're heading to Fayetteville the last week of this month for the Bikes, Blues, & BBQ rally then on to Branson. It's our first trip to that part of the country and we are really looking forward to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts