GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We heard radio traffic last Sunday from one of the Arkansas State Trooper Units patrolling US65, calling for the local PD Unit in the town a few miles up the road:"I just clocked a Crotch Rocket MC at 137 MPH" :22yikes: and for him to be on the lookout and gave the color of the bike and the color of the riders shirt. They never found or caught him.

If you went down, how far you would skid and for that fact stay alive at that speed? :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you went down, how far you would skid and for that fact stay alive at that speed? :eek:4:[/QUOTE]

You would skid until you ran out of a$$ i guess.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If you went down, how far you would skid and for that fact stay alive at that speed? :eek:4:
You would skid until you ran out of a$$ i guess.[/QUOTE]

LOL! :thumbup::agree:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I went down at 100+ in leathers and armor, slid down/off the road into a field, and got up and walked away.

No issues whatsoever.

Young. Dumb. Lucky.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts

This one would do 90mph in first gear, ZRX1200R

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
We watched a tv show about how they made the racing suits, they protected at those speeds and riders would walk away.

It was simply amazing.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
They clocked and busted one in Council Bluffs doing 185 last year :eek:4:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Year or so ago, one of Ohio's finest Ohio Highway State Patrol (attached to the M/C Division) and another LEO from a local department were busted on the Interstate at 149 and 150. Local was fired, Trooper lost his highly desirable position in the Moto Div. and maybe some days off. LOTS of publicity, stink, hints of cover-up, etc.... They were both on CR's...

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
1.Right up to the sudden stop. 2. Not long after the sudden stop.

If properly geared and the good Lord wasn't through with you yet, I would say you would walk off. Sliding doesn't hurt. Running out of skin and impact is what get you.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have done 187 indicated on the GPS on my 2008 ZX1400.

Hell of a jaunt.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Around here guys soil themselves if they see 80.So this theead is not a fair question to old farts that think it's their personal responsibility to park there arse in the passing lane doing the speed limit...LOL

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Around here guys soil themselves if they see 80.So this theead is not a fair question to old farts that think it's their personal responsibility to park there arse in the passing lane doing the speed limit...LOL
Hey .. .. .. .. they are just exercisng their God given right to make sure that others obey the law.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My blackbird only does 165 with a 210 lb American on it, proably do 180 with a 140 Japanese pilot.
I wish. I'm of full Japanese decent and weigh 198 on a good day. I'll have another beer please....

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I clocked a crotch rocket at 130 a couple years ago.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Depends on if there was a tree to slow the skid or not!:eek:4:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts